Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
!!!

Nice-I'm very interested in seeing a painted body.I've painted a ton of 1/10 scale R/C lexan bodies.I dont do lexan HO bodies because the are so small and hard to get cut out just right.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are made of, I believe, the same material as the painted versions.... just molded in clear plastic. No lexan involved, hit the link I thru out there. They even have the Chapparal, and a plain white GT40..... I bought 4 each of the Daytonas and GTs.... sweet stuff. From what I understand, there are more in the works.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Yes.. Racemasters has heard our desire for body blanks for doing custom paint jobs. Both the clear bodies and the white bodies are unfinished and pulled from the line to save the customizers the job of stripping. The clear bodies need to have the glass masked prior to painting to keep the clear glass effect, the white bodies will require painting the "glass" black, grey, or whatever. This is a result of Steve (Wahoo) hearing our anguish over AW's indestructable paint, so I hope you racer/ customizers will give them the support for supplying these for us and buy a few!! I would paint the clear bodies on the outside, as well as the white ones. I don't think an inside type paint job will yield the results like a lexan. Even though I don't use the chassis these come with, I will give a few a shot when the tax refund shows up.. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks Steve!!! :wave:

P.S. If you search Racemasters and check their website, the bodies are available there, and hop over to the close-out section for great prices on complete cars. Great price for a beater PT cruiser body and new chassis!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Fudd, did the clear bodies come with the carboard insert of the interior?
It doesn't look it from your pics, so I wonder why they wouldn't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts