Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stopped by the local wally today and came across a fresh case of johnnies. after picking through it, i noticed a guy scanning the pallets who i had known for about 20 years. something just told me he was looking for diecast. i asked him if he was looking for diecast and asked if he collects. he gave me a nod in which i invited him over to open a sealed case of hotwheels to go through. we chatted for awhile until he had to leave to put his son off to school.

i thought it was great to discover that a guy who i had known for years was also a collector. this also made me wonder how many other people i know that might collect as well. i work with approx 700 people and though i don't know all of them individually, it makes me wonder if a guy i work next to everyday is a collector too. has anyone ran into similar experiences?

·
Registered
123 Posts
just kidding, Im with you on that one my friend, it is nice to know that a friend is also a collector... have fun and many found memories to you both....maybe you will find out the answers to your questions by just simply askeing your co-workers
GOD bless
wayne james ( moelocar )

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
modelocar said:
yeah,yeah. but inquireing minds want to know . did you find any wites of treasure hunts in them thar cases..
there were definitely no hunts but i did come across this corvair. i am not 100% sure it is a white but lets just say that i checked out pics of this car on the bay and the rest have red interior! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Pewter02WS6 said:
there were definitely no hunts but i did come across this corvair. i am not 100% sure it is a white but lets just say that i checked out pics of this car on the bay and the rest have red interior! :thumbsup:
Congrats - you have a white lightning (tinted windshield and white interior). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Congrats on the WL score and the discovery of a friend's similar hobby!

For the past 18 years or so a small group of us who used to work together get together every first weekend in December for a Christmas party. We alternate the location each year. We all have spouses and kids now so the gathering has grown. This past December was our turn to host. My friend Neal and I were BSing in my garage where I have a lot of my collection on display. As Neal was gaping at all the cars he mentioned he collects slots. Has been for years! I was shocked! Of course, he is very familiar with JL and Thunderjets, etc. Naturally, I told him about HT and the slot forum. :)

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Never met anyone I had previously known, but I actually met Rob (ECchopper) for the first time while hunting the pegs. That was a real kick, meeting someone from HT for the first time while we were both "hunting"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts