Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Wow! :eek: Now that is one great kit!
And I love the way you have it so that it can be displayed several different ways. Great layout on your site, too! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Wow! You don't see that one much! A beaut! Thanks for sharing. Too bad there's no one making one of these (does collectaire's F108B count?). Accuaracy aside, the ITC has beautiful lines, good Sci Fi look!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the kudos. This build was a real labor of love. I know it's an experience I'm not likely to ever have again. Oh, gee, now I'm getting all teary-eyed. You'll have to excuse me...

·
Registered
903 Posts
Check out an anime called 'Stratos 4'. It has a rocket-launched interceptor that looks very much like an F-108. Coincidence ... ?

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Were they actually considering a vertical rocket boost takeoff? Or is that something the imagineers at ITC cooked up?

(cool kit by the way. Got me reading about B70's A12's SR71's etc. etc. etc.)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve244 said:
Were they actually considering a vertical rocket boost takeoff? Or is that something the imagineers at ITC cooked up?

(cool kit by the way. Got me reading about B70's A12's SR71's etc. etc. etc.)
Actually, there were a whole series of rocket-assisted fighter booster systems being developed during the 1950s, but none was as ambitious as the one depicted in the model. Most involved smaller rockets used to catapult jet fighters off the backs of flatbed-like trucks. None of these experiments led to anything significant (obviously).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts