Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look here every day as I am big into MM's. There is rarely any new posts. Even though my Hobby Lobby is still closed due to Hurricane Ivan, (Won't open until the second week of December) and no other retailer around here stays current with them, I still anxiously await the newest releases. I must admit that I will be giving the new Jada Big Time Muscle series a try when it comes out. But it won't replace my MM's! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Man, I was in Pensecola last week, its tore up! I have a place in Destin that got all the windows blown out but thats nothing compared to your area and Mobile Ala. Hope its gets back to the same soon for you.

Theres nothing new as far as MMs in HLs in my area yet, Im still looking, those Jadas do look cool in the pics, Ill pick some up if I find them.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah man, you said it. I vividly remember driving back into town the first day back and it was like driving into a nightmare. The closer I got to my neighborhood, the more damage we saw. Fortunately when we arrived home, all we had was a blown over chimney and fence, and we lost about 15% of our shingles. But seeing this kind of damage really makes you take stock in what you have and be thankful for it all.

·
Registered
95 Posts
where is everybody?

I thought I was the only coming to this site where is everybody,and you guys down south we are thinking about you up here in the great white north you take care hope you get things together real soon. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe that there are a few others who view this forum regularly but with nothing new to see or talk about, no-one posts. I'm wondering if the MM fans are starting to wane. Those of us that are diehard MM fans need to work something up to bring more life to "our" forum. I really enjoy the rest of the Hobbytalk board but I originally came here for the MM forum. Either way, I'm stayin because I've talked with a bunch of great people since I have been here.

·
Registered
95 Posts
no way

I personally am not waning from MM, I am finding it hard to get the new ones. A lot of the hobby shops tell me that their supplyers can`t or won`t get them, the only place here that has the best selection is Walmart or get this Fortinos which is a grocery store (go figure). so I don`t think we are losing intrest. Or maybe Funline is messing with our heads? LOL. :freak:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey plank, I just heard last week that Hobby Lobby shut down. That was my favorite JL place as well as MM's.

I have to replace half of my roof but since there's still a shortage of shingles it may be a while. Heading to Texas in a few weeks and considering buying them out that way. Funny that we can talk about blue roofs and no one knows what we are saying. All in all I lost out big time on stuff that insurance wouldn't cover, time to suck it up and move on. :(

I heard HL over Mobile way is open. I was considering heading that way to do some searching since it is right near Harbor Freight - one of my all time favorite places.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I saw plenty of blue roofs when I was there, I was surprised I-10 was open already too, we took 98 instead though.
Al, where in Texas are you heading?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Youll be passing right by mine too, Im right off I 20 near Dallas on your way to Ft Worth. PM me, Ill share a few good spots for MMs and JLs that are easy to get to.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man, I am up in Virginia right now. Two weeks TAD with the Navy. No HL at all around here and it seems that all the usual stores here are as far behind as all the others back home in Pensacola. On a side note, my wife told me that the insurance appraiser dude finally came out to the house. Funny now that I only have two weeks left in P-Cola. Oh, my tarp is silver so I stick out like a sore thumb from all the blue roofs. Ha ha!! :tongue:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts