Registered
5,967 Posts
very nice.That`s definately something to hold onto . :thumbsup:

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Long Arm of the LAW said:
Well, it started with the Mustangs. I got 3 sets and one was a set of 18's. I also received a golden ticket that I redeemed for the chase car and when it arrived, a co worker noticed that it was also number 18. I was shocked and though that having all 4 #18 Mustangs would be cool. After a thread here did not turn up the BWF 18, I joined a couple other boards. I posted a thread at Lightning Lane and within an hour the guy that had #18 stepped forward. That completed the Mustangs and began my quest to get all of the 2006 Fest castings.

I guess I should come up with something cooler for why I collected all the 18's. Hmmmm.

·
Premium Member
13,372 Posts
Congrats Nick! :thumbsup: That's a VERY IMPRESSIVE collection!

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Not so fast, Shonsky!!!!

One of those cars looks to be upside down, which means that instead of an "18", what you really have is an "81" !!!!
:tongue: :p :cool:

Congrats, Nick, it took a lot of "stick-to-it"ness to track all those down, and thanks to all the Hobby Talkers who helped him out :thumbsup:

I don't know....looks like 810 too me ;)

Wow...looks great. It's cool to get the matching numbers. Now all you need for fest next year is a BWF football jersey with the #18.....:eek:

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Mark Hosaflook said:
Wow, great work! Good luck in getting them all, 3/4 there!:)
I am not following you.

I was at Fest and there were 12 castings that I saw that were created for Lightning Fest. :confused:

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
There are 16 total LightningFest related castings if you include castings that support the show beforehand like the Pace Cars and support the ADDWC charity like the Mustangs. Don't forget their is always a Holiday Car program.

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
There are 16 total LightningFest related castings if you include castings that support the show beforehand like the Pace Cars and support the ADDWC charity like the Mustangs. Don't forget their is always a Holiday Car program.
OK Time to start getting the rest! Mark can do that to a guy :freak: Look at the bright side its more fun now.

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
CTWLSMIKE said:
So now what are you going to do? :wave:
BOOGIEVANMAN said:
Way to go Nick now what?
Good queston. With this set complete (minus whatever Mark is talking about) and also having all the JL BWF castings, I am not sure. I guess I will have to try for those mystery holiday cars. And maybe try to get Stupidsquirels to have a PIP made of my soon to be 1:1 1970 Bronco.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
WOW! I guess diecast collecting is a team sport! Congrats to everyone who made this happen. :thumbsup: Well, Nick, I guess you can finally get some sleep! :p

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Mark Hosaflook said:
OK, NOW all the 18's are home!

The package with the Holiday cars arrived today and all 4 #18's were inside.

Thanks Mark!

21 - 40 of 46 Posts