Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it is. It is rare that I'm buying any Matchbox this year. Well, I didn't have a Defender yet and this one is tame enough for me. Not too kiddy.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Is it just me or did they tone down the kiddie cars a bit and bring a few realistic models back into the mix?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Is it just me or did they tone down the kiddie cars a bit and bring a few realistic models back into the mix?
When they were told to adjust the Matchbox range in early 2011 they did start to go a little to the extreme in the other direction and some did not like it. But Ray Adlar moved over for a while from Hot Wheels and decided it was too far, and reigned things in. We are still getting some more extreme liveries which many are not keen on, but also some more toned down and realistic ones. However, changes made at the R&D Department of Mattel can sometimes take the best part of a year to make their way to us via way of confirming licenses with vendors, making test runs, checking, starting production, shipping out to Mattel, shipping to stores worldwide, and then stocking. Others can be quicker depending on which parts of the processes can be omitted.

:) :D :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts