Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O/T Is this new to the Bay?? Live auctions

Seems like an awful lot of money to ship plus the buyers premium. If the final bid is low enough some of these could be a good deal but the individual items are also not listed :confused: Looks quite interesting but would take a whole lot of study before I would bid :(

Rummage through this guys auctions. Seems to be some amazing stuff and he is located in Shelton, CT. Anyone we know nearby :tongue:

http://search.liveauctions.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&ht=11&ctlgid=21232&ahid=3190&lc=1&isl=0&ccn=Dolls+%26+Toys

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Interesting concept.

And for CT. residents they charge 6 percent tax on top of the 19 percent buyer premium. Maybe DadsCoronet could afford that...he lives in the rich part of CT. :p

·
Registered
520 Posts
I participated in a live auction a couple months ago. They had a MB 05 Mustang test shot I wanted. I registered for online bidding but my internet connection was slow so I was worried I wouldn't be able to participate real-time. So I ended up phoning my bid in. It felt cool. I had these visions in my head of an auction going on at some auction house and one of the people on the floor taking my phone bid and then bidding for me. Like the Barrett-Jackson scene of the diecast world. That is until I called back later at the same number to work out payment and the guy told me that I was interupting dinner and asked me to call back in a bit. There went that delusion.

But it was cool, guy was really nice and professional. I would certainly do it again.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
AQUA XK8 said:
Interesting concept.

And for CT. residents they charge 6 percent tax on top of the 19 percent buyer premium. Maybe DadsCoronet could afford that...he lives in the rich part of CT. :p
Ummmm, excuse me, David. You have Middlesex County mistaken for Fairfield County. :tongue:
Not familiar with some of those brands. Some of those items might be of interest to Swifty and dave_anto364; I don't think there's a diecast brand they're NOT familiar with!!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AQUA XK8 said:
Interesting concept.

Wait a minute ....just who is driving the AquaXK8 among us :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts