Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
I told you with those Bel Airs..Super Strike Chase :mad:..i'll put pink rubber tires on my cat, doesn't make her worth 40 bucks..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4TH-OF-JULY...st_Vehicles&hash=item43b1deb5ed#ht_500wt_1413
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-T-HU...st_Vehicles&hash=item3cc91affd2#ht_500wt_1413
And i just want to know where he gets the seemingly inexhaustible supply of colored tires..and those yellow tires look like crap on those cars....he needs to put some kind of header or disclaimer, "this car did not come from the factory like this,"

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
"
HI YOU ARE BIDDING ON A CUSTOM M2 MACHINES TOY CAR. YOU GET THE 1969 CHEVROLET CAMARO SS 396 L89 .CARS HAS BEEN CUSTOMIZED BY RALPHS CUSTOMS,DONE IN YELLOW WITH BLACK HOCKEY STRIPE.THIS ONE HAS THE BLACKED OUT RIMS WITH YELLOW REAL RUBBER TIRES.THIS CAR COMES MOUNTED IN A FACTORY SEALED ACYRLIC SHOW CASE,THIS CAR IS A RALPHS CUSTOM SUPER STRIKE CHASE. MINT IN MINT CASE. "

Well I guess he called it some super chase just because he customized it a little.. lol.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
"
HI YOU ARE BIDDING ON A CUSTOM M2 MACHINES TOY CAR. YOU GET THE 1969 CHEVROLET CAMARO SS 396 L89 .CARS HAS BEEN CUSTOMIZED BY RALPHS CUSTOMS,DONE IN YELLOW WITH BLACK HOCKEY STRIPE.THIS ONE HAS THE BLACKED OUT RIMS WITH YELLOW REAL RUBBER TIRES.THIS CAR COMES MOUNTED IN A FACTORY SEALED ACYRLIC SHOW CASE,THIS CAR IS A RALPHS CUSTOM SUPER STRIKE CHASE. MINT IN MINT CASE. "

Well I guess he called it some super chase just because he customized it a little.. lol.
He calls it a chase since he only customized 3...now, shouldn't there be a regular version, can't have chases with out regulars, just how it works, if all three have yellow tires, then that's the norm..i know i know...still..

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
i'll put pink rubber tires on my cat, doesn't make her worth 40 bucks.. And i just want to know where he gets the seemingly inexhaustible supply of colored tires..and those yellow tires look like crap on those cars....he needs to put some kind of header or disclaimer, "this car did not come from the factory like this,"
I hope you value your cat more than $40. Anyway, I seem to know a certain collector around here who's willing to pay a mighty premium for colored tires. :D That seller could stand to be more articulate about it I suppose, but the listings do state they are customs, by Ralph's Customs. Personally, I would make my own 1 of 1 before dropping a hundred on that, but everybody has a shtick. The only difference here is, it's one guy hawking a chase car gag instead of a company. More power to him, everybody has to make money.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
I hope you value your cat more than $40. Anyway, I seem to know a certain collector around here who's willing to pay a mighty premium for colored tires. :D That seller could stand to be more articulate about it I suppose, but the listings do state they are customs, by Ralph's Customs. Personally, I would make my own 1 of 1 before dropping a hundred on that, but everybody has a shtick. The only difference here is, it's one guy hawking a chase car gag instead of a company. More power to him, everybody has to make money.
You do not know my cat, sir, i bought him directly from Satan, who said he was a bad kitty...

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I told you with those Bel Airs..Super Strike Chase :mad:..i'll put pink rubber tires on my cat, doesn't make her worth 40 bucks..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4TH-OF-JULY...st_Vehicles&hash=item43b1deb5ed#ht_500wt_1413
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-T-HU...st_Vehicles&hash=item3cc91affd2#ht_500wt_1413
And i just want to know where he gets the seemingly inexhaustible supply of colored tires..and those yellow tires look like crap on those cars....he needs to put some kind of header or disclaimer, "this car did not come from the factory like this,"
I hear ya brotha.... That is why I posted his newer stuff .... Changing wheels doesn't make a piece Custom in my eyes. ( I like how he said it's in a Sealed Box..... When did this guy get the M2 sticker tape to seal the boxes back up ????

I guess I should post all of my wheels changes up for sale as " Super Duper Treasure Hunt Strike Chase 1/1 Pieces " :rolleyes::beatdeadhorse::rolleyes:

My guess on the Color Tires is he may have made them as many guys make their own color tires for the Diecast Conventions.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"

Maybe cause he opened the box and touched it for a few seconds ...:lol:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Just because you can swap tires and call it customizing sure doesn't mean you have good taste. Now excuse me, a quick trip to the bathroom is being demanded.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
The debate of legitimacy surrounding a homemade "chase car" for sale begs the comparison with this 1:1. Is this a Porsche, or a RUF? The German government says RUF Automobile GmbH is a manufacturer, due to the level of original content within the car, therefore it must be a RUF... Even though it's a Porsche.

Can a diecast car be claimed seperate in the same way, if the level of customization exceeds the originality? That is the question, but for the record, RUF doesn't use the "911" name. Perhaps if diecast customizers refrained from using words like "Hot Wheels", "Batmobile" and "Camaro" to describe their work, it would be more kosher?

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
yes, it would be, imho, and how much of the porsche was replaced with ruf parts?
Percentage wise, I'm not sure. But I do know that RUF tears the entire car apart, and fiddles with or replaces many things. Reprograms the ECU and such. I'd be quite surprised if this car were less than 50% Porsche, even after RUF gets done with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts