Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I couldn't say. Rare? Probably not in the true sense of rare, hard to find and collectible I would say sure. I like it and would grab it if I saw it. Guess it depends on what you traded and if you like it. That's the most important part. I wouldn't expect to retire or pay a semester if college with it but you won't find it readily available in any corner store but it def get points for cool factor. Very nice score and welcome.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its cool forsure i was told it was a super rare piece and very few were relesed to the public damn i got took lol oh well i let a th drag bus go for it !

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I would have traded a drag bus for it why not. It's a sweet car. Unless it was a super rare chase or red line club one I wouldn't say you got a bad trade. I honestly don't know what the scarcity of it is but what I have learned is only trade for and buy what you like or know for sure. If in doubt research and ask for help for someone. There is a wealth of knowledge here and everyone is willing to help. Most aren't going to say this is worth $xxx because value is subjective but asking for advice on if a trade is equal will elicit honest responses. Just my .02 but do t hesitate to ask here first.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
If you're satisfied with your trade, then that's what counts. That's the point of a trade...I got something you want, you got something I want....If both parties are satisfied, cheers!!

IMO, it's too close to the same paint scheme on the Mainline GTO police paint, but that's just me.:thumbsup:

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Yeah, that one is pretty rare as far as HWs are concerned. There is one that has not sold on eBay for $1K, taking offers. There have been 12 offers, all declined.

You say you traded a TH Drag Bus for it? Somebody call the cops, 'cause you stole it!

Congrats! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think if you search through the old threads you will find a thread about this car. I have heard it is rare, but I wouldn't pay more than a couple bucks for it myself as it isn't that cool IMHO

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Cool. I'm glad someone with a bit more knowledge than me choked in as to its rarity. Like I said I certainly would have traded a drag bus for it as that isn't a favored casting of mine and ill always jump at a trade for any cop Rods or military rods any day of the week. I think tjey are neat and just the packaginf alone os different than any boring mainline so that alone sets Them apart. That are a favorite of mine so if you like it you did good.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Cool. I'm glad someone with a bit more knowledge than me choked in as to its rarity. Like I said I certainly would have traded a drag bus for it as that isn't a favored casting of mine and ill always jump at a trade for any cop Rods or military rods any day of the week. I think tjey are neat and just the packaginf alone os different than any boring mainline so that alone sets Them apart. That are a favorite of mine so if you like it you did good.
I may be getting my hand on complete sets or close to complete sets of the HW Military - Fire - Cop Rods soon that I will parting out as singles or sets... I need to get ahold of my buddy who has them if he is in town.... He's been in and out so it's a hit & miss with him, but I will get em sooner or later...

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
As far as the Cop Rods series goes, this is one of the toughest to come across.
The last few mixes of the series weren't didtributed that well to the stores so a lot of people missed out on this one.
I would say you did pretty well.
The funny thing is Mattel released pretty much the same castings in all three sets and depending on the series the car worth a bit or not. The Olds 442 for example, not a big deal in the Fire Rods series but in both the Military and Cop series, it is a toughie.

·
Premium Member
9,001 Posts
Nice Trade Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
As others have said, if you like the Goat, then that's all that matters. That's a trade I would have made myself, as I'm not a big fan of the Drag Bus casting.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
As others have said, if you like the Goat, then that's all that matters. That's a trade I would have made myself, as I'm not a big fan of the Drag Bus casting.
You are not alone about the Drag Bus.... Mattel has ruined that casting by flooding it and all the people who make Code 3s out of them..... They became boring to me seeing them at every Show or Convention :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
You are not alone about the Drag Bus.... Mattel has ruined that casting by flooding it and all the people who make Code 3s out of them..... They became boring to me seeing them at every Show or Convention :rolleyes:
I never really liked it from Day One. The oddly proportioned body and drag theme had a lot to do with that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts