Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to collecting diecast and was wondering if this is an error and if so how much is it worth

·
Administrator
35,966 Posts
Looks to be correct. In your photos above is the rear tire damaged? (Hard to tell)

·
Administrator
35,966 Posts
Different people call it different things but yes it can be classed as an error. I would call it a production error specifically. Most M2 collectors I know would leave it behind as they want perfection. But there are even M2 collectors who would want it for the '57 Chevy collections a unique piece to have. Since it is new - you can probably get a nice premium value (sold price) but over time it will not be worth to much more than a perfect casting.

We usually search the ebay sold listings to get a current market value. Whatever you see today at ebay will trend down over the next few weeks (most of the time) for most M2s. I also filter for US only listings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Different people call it different things but yes it can be classed as an error. I would call it a production error specifically. Most M2 collectors I know would leave it behind as they want perfection. But there are even M2 collectors who would want it for the '57 Chevy collections a unique piece to have. Since it is new - you can probably get a nice premium value (sold price) but over time it will not be worth to much more than a perfect casting.

We usually search the ebay sold listings to get a current market value. Whatever you see today at ebay will trend down over the next few weeks (most of the time) for most M2s. I also filter for US only listings.

Ok so should I do an auction or a sell

·
Administrator
35,966 Posts
Really up to you which way or where to list it. To me an online auction is the same as selling it with a buy it now option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts