Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the oppurtunity to get the following 2 items :

1.Frightening Lightenings - Surf Hearse - First Shot edition. (1 of 5000 ).
2.10 Years Limited Anniversary edition - "color me gone" Dodge funny car.

Sufficed to say the prices is very cheap. So, is this a worthwhile pickup?

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
a wise purchase?,,,,,,,,i really am not sure what you mean. is this a question from a business and resale standpoint? lets see,,,a wise JL purchase is buying thousands of cars for .25 and reselling them at your dollar tree chain store line for 1.00. now you are talking about just 2 cars. what is your plan?,,,,,,,to open the cars and display in some well planned idea? to hold the items for years and years in the origional packaging for resale after a few decades?,,,,,,,,,,,more details about what "wise" means to you is needed before a informed responce can be posted. just what is "wise" anyways??

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
If you like the cars,...get them, and add them to your collection. That is what collecting is all about. Get the car castings that you like, and don't get caught up in any 'get rich quick" sceme,...'cause with those 2 cars it ain't gonna happen.

Welcome to the board, and have fun!

...Now, if you were talk'in Frightning Lightning Ghostbuster White Lightning, there would be something there to really drool over!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
the first shot is a wise purchase if you already have the other 5

the 10th anniversary is a wise purchase if you have the other 5 hobby only cars and plan on collecting the other 18

if this is purely for "investment", no,no,no

:roll:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sorry if my post made it sound like I was going to get these cars and then turn around and sell em (for a quick buck). Not at all. What I meant is...I havent seen these cars @ Walmart,Target,etc. I did find a Hobby Shop a few towns away that had them. I was inquiring as to the rarity of the cars in question.

As for the SURF HEARSE - it comes with 2 cars...one painted and the other , for the lack of a better term, Zamac( ie...bare metal ).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not to harp on a point alread y made, but...What is CHEAP?
It really doesn't matter 'cause I always say, "Buy what YOU like".
If you buy based on someone else's opinion of "value", in a few years you'll have
a whole collection of vehicles that someone else liked.

I can usually tell if I should buy one, it becomes hard to put it back on the pegs once I
have it in my hands.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts