Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by my favorite flea market before heading home from the in-laws place today to see what they had.
Quite a number of sellers with diecast cars, so I picked up a few more than I intended to. :rolleyes:
I talked to one gal who closed her store a while ago, and now she can't afford the storage of all the stuff..I mean inventory she still has.
She has about 10 rubbermaid tubs packed with mostly HW cars in storage. I thought about offering her about $0.25 ea for the whole thing. That seems to be the going rate for large collections around here, according to a couple other sellers I talked to. But most of the sellers are charging around $1.00/card for resale.
Anyways, My idea was to buy the lot, pick out the ones I wanted for my collection, then unload the rest for maybe $0.50 ea wherever I can.
It seems like a fairly cheap way to get my collection going, and maybe have a little fun in the process. There is no way I would make any real money at it, so thats not an issue.
Thoughts? :wave:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
If you can get the lot for .25 a piece, and can afford it, I say go for it. If you never sell any of them you will have increased your collection at a bargain. If you do, you will have gotten them even cheaper.

I love a good deal and if it makes everybody involved happy so much the better. :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
I say go for it. You never know what you're going to find in there. I bought about 800 cars off a guy on craiglist for $100 last year. Sure, alot of it was junk, but there was some great stuff in there as well. Needless to say, we had a yardsale and all the stuff I didn't want to keep went out. I kept about 200 that were in pretty good shape and sold the rest for about $65 in the yard sale. I was selling them for .25 each and then one person offered me $50 for the box and I took it. So it was worth it for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts