Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im seriously considering selling off some of my Hot Wheels because I love the FRESH CHERRIES line. But I dont want to then have them stop making them.

Anyone know if these will continue?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think MotorMax is in a good shape, thanks for the refined lines of Fresh Cherries and American Graffiti. That brand offers something that any other brand can´t. The Hot Wheels are cheap and deliruos and sick fantasy compared with MotorMax, and many Johnny Lightning models looks well but some crude compared with Fresh cherries.

I loved the latest creations of MotorMax, and they are running in a good way. MotorMax for years to come, I´m sure this will be

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Welcome to the board. I think Motormax looks like a safe bet to be around for awhile. They seem to have found a niche in the market that they have all to themselves. JL & GL seem to to have the muscle market cornered, Hws have a huge share and MB has had a resurgence in the last two years. With that said, I think Motormax can compete and have a segment of the market much like Tomica used to have. Great to have you aboard Shrooms!

crafty

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I think as long as they keep their prices reasonable (upper end of reasonable right now) and keep creating the "everyman's" car that are immensely popular, they will be in great shape. I'm just hoping that they haven't priced their cars under 2 bucks in order to gather a customer base then plan to raise them once they are established.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Welcome to HobbyTalk, this place ROCKS! Shrooms? As in mushrooms? Oh man, love to go mushroom hunting. Only thing better than hunting them is EATING them. If this is not what your name is in reference to then please disregard and I'll mind my own business! Seriously, this is the place. Just about anything you need find out, you can just about find it out here. If not, some one can point you in the right direction. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I think mototrmax will be sticking around, they have an excellent diversity. 2 of my favorite Ford GTs are my 1:12 MotorMax's, and the fresh cherries have some great cars! If you really like your hot wheels, i wouldnt sell them off just to go to motormax. I am very far from brand specific in my collecting, if I like it, I buy it!

·
Registered
405 Posts
shrooms...my suggestion would be to collect what ever interests you regardless of brand. If you are considering selling off your mainline HW toy cars...for the most part it may take more time than it's worth. I personally enjoy collecting many brands including Motor Max. Motor Max offers great value, quality and interesting models.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I would agree with Roy. If you like them, buy them. Don't worry if the company goes out of business. Heck, one of my favorite brands are the long gone Ertl castings and Route 66 cars. I would still buy any that I might happen to come across.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I LOVE the Fresh Cherries line. I sure hope they'll be around for quite a while. I'm an AMC fanatic so I only collect AMC die-casts. The only negative seems to be distribution. I'm in Las Vegas and none of the Wal-Marts in my area have any of the new colors in the Gremlin, Gremlin X and Pacer. Who knows when we'll see them here. I do have a couple of the 1/87. I can't wait for the Hornet and Matador.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dear All:

Since this market (of three inch vehicles) is very competitive and there are serious problems looming in the horizon (like the upward cost of zinc) a newcomer should offer new and/or models that no one wants to mold;hence the sucess of the Fresh Cherries,which not only offers models no one wants to deal it,but these are also done on a variety of scales (on my case I want the Chrysler Town and County SW in 1/64 and 1/24 scales).And they also did a car (or close to) which is similar to the Dodge Aries 1988 I own - Plymouth Reliant 1983,which is also part of the Fresh Cherries Series.

Also,based on a site of Model Railroaders,the Fresh Cherries in 1/87 scale are receiveing a warm welcome from them and these are being bought by the bulk (to be used at the streets of their dioramas or train loads).

Hence,due to the fact that they operate in several scales (and popular such as 1/24,1/64 and on a lesser extent,1/87) and offers Prototypes which are wanted,they are bound to stick around for a while.Zylmex,their predecessor,had models of such and such quality,but they too had interesting prototypes.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Well they want to be a part of AutoFest. I can think of others who can't or will not so what does THAT say about them? I myself had doubts with the first release. Thought they were an anomoly. With the latest release and the others on the drawing table, with the diverse and solid stock of other scales you quickly realize after checking out their site, they are players and more importantly, want to be players. That has value to me. They don't play follow the leader. That has value to me.

That should put the talk to rest.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the clarifications here. I work for Motormax, so I can tell you some facts.
Motormax is part of RBI Holdings Ltd. which is a publicly held company out of Hong Kong. They own their factories, and from the publicly available records, the company is financially very strong. With such vertical intergrations, Motormax is going to be around for awhile.
With regard to the rising cost of zinc (up 250% in the last 18 months); you are going to see a lot of retail price increases for die cast vehicles. The larger the size, the harder they are hit, as the percentage cost of zinc material gets more substantial.
I would expect to see the retail price of the Fresh Cherries go up a little this year. But it will still be a great value when compared to the pricey JL, and GL.
And most importantly, Motormax will keep releasing the unique subject matters that makes the Cherries cherishable. Such as 1975 Honda Cvcc, the first car that sucessfully put Honda on the U.S. map...
Most HO railroad dioramas are filled with import exotics, they are going to need a few pieces of import beaters.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
So what is exactly in Grayslake, IL? Is that a warehouse or distribution center of sorts?

Do you mind sharing some insight on possible castings on the drawing board in the 1/60's scale? I heard rumors of castings like the Fiero and some wagons besides the Reliant woody that you have coming out soon?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
Do you mind sharing some insight on possible castings on the drawing board in the 1/60's scale? I heard rumors of castings like the Fiero and some wagons besides the Reliant woody that you have coming out soon?

Yeah, us MM collectors wouldn't mind hearing some future castings. With other detailed die cast rising in cost, MM has gotten a larger percentage of my die cast dollars in the last three months. :thumbsup:

Zach

1 - 15 of 15 Posts