Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 513 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Colorado Yes!!! but it's gonna be 60 for turkey day whoo hooo. That is why i love this state. Happy thanksgiving all you slotters everywhere.
Clyde-0-Mite

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
No snow yet.

I've lived in a couple of very snowy areas, as in lake-effect, 2"-3" per hour snow machine dumping it non-stop for hours. Twenty inches plus in an afternoon, no big deal. Roadside snow bankings at eight feet, no problem. Total white outs, now there's a problem, as in white driving hell. But snow does not bother me. Ice storms are much worse. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that most heavy snow areas also tend to be very overcast, gray, and gloomy during snow season. But that's what drives us back into the basement to enjoy this little hobby of ours. I'll bet if you look at a snowfall map of the US and overlay it with a map of slot car hobbyist density you'd see a direct correlation between the two.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
No snow here in Washington ....... but I can trade you some wind for some .... :tongue: ....... Trade ???? wind????? does this need to be posted in the Swap "n Sell thread :roll::jest::roll:

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
No snow here in Washington ....... but I can trade you some wind for some .... :tongue: ....... Trade ???? wind????? does this need to be posted in the Swap "n Sell thread :roll::jest::roll:
We had lumpy rain this week! Could be any day....er not at all.

My money is on Doba!

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Don't send any here, although I wouldn't mind having something other than rain. Another three days of light rain/mist bs. :rolleyes: Supposed to see the sun tomorrow. Let me get my camera ready. :) rr

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Sung to raindrops keep falling on my head...

Snowflakes keep falling on my head, That doesn't mean that my name is Fred...

Hey Jack, get off my back.

because, snow flakes keep falling they keep falling Ooooon Myyyy head.

( I changed the lyrics to Raindrops keep falling on my head many, many years ago ) Feel free to use this fun song EVERYONE. :cool:

Nope...no snow in Gretna or Omaha Nebraska. Just that one freak storm a while back...dats it folks.

I am with ND as my Element has AWD and am ready to go when it comes.

LOL...Jim....gotta love those Florida, Arizona and California no snow post. hahahahaah My Mom lives in Arizona and rubs it in all the time. Let it Snow!

Bob...

·
Tweak 'em and Run
978 Posts
Nope no snow here... but hey its Ohio, and they say if you don't like the weather just wait a minute or two and it will change... :freak:

One of the weather guys on TV said if it is white on Thanksgiving it will be green on Christmas and visa versa... Am gonna see if he really knows what he is talking about...

Jeff

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I didn't believe you Rich, so I had to check for myself... Holy cow it is snowing down there!!! :eek: Look out Splitposter!!! It's heading your way!!!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Theyre calling for it between this weekend and early next week. I say BRING IT ON. I love driving in it with the ole Beast, and my job will pay double time for us to come in!

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
aww man i want snow!!!! we are supposed to get 1 to 3 inches tomorrow.. i want 6 feet!!!

Wes

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Ummmm... No you don't Wes!!!! Believe me!! You don't!!! I've seen MD shut down for 3 days for 3 feet. :eek: 6 feet will shut it down for a week... :drunk: And the shoveling will kill ya!! :tongue:

·
Member of Da Band
2,493 Posts
AHH ha HA HA HA HA HA 3 feet HA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I live near Buffalo, Joe lives near Syracuse! 3 feet a really really small amount of snow here! The only times things shut down here is when we have a blizzard! See MR. Google and You Tube for "The Blizzard of 77" :):):):):):):):)

1 - 20 of 513 Posts