Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I was just pondering that thought........

Hobbytalk is the best messageboard I have found for Ho related posts on the web!

I'm not trying to score brownie points with the messageboard owner/ moderator or anything!

I use to be a big 1/32 scale slot enthusiast for the last 6-8 years.....

I have enjoyed over the years going on HRW and SCI for 1/32 posts.

It seems both of those sites really lack in the Ho post area though other than duplicated posts from individuals who post regularly on this site....

I know 1/32 is the scale that draws the most attention on the boards currently but I have found that most of the slot shows I go to are primarily dominated by Ho scale still....

After getting out of 1/32 slot racing and the club scene due to the politics of it all and cost, I decided to sell off all my 1/32 stuff and go back to Ho which I have dabbled in and out of over the years from when I was a kid.

I have found Ho is a lot more enjoyable and affordable to me unlike 1/32 was.

I am glad we have this Ho community here on Hobbytalk!

I appreciate all of the members help and knowledge shared with me so far!

Except for a few squabbles in postings as of late this is a very nice messageboard to be apart of!

Just my view and 2 cents worth that's all!

Wayne :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Hobbytalk is a nice place to post and read....
For the most part it lacks fighting and name calling.
I hope that it continues to stay that way.
Scott

·
Registered
618 Posts
HT is definitely the best place to talk H0 on the web for my point of view too... I'm a member of some list and forums, but nothing compares :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Hobby Talk is it for HO as far as I am concerned. I spend a lot of time on HRW with my 1/43rd buddies and I am trying to spend some time on HO over there, but this is really where its at for me with HO. I joined here when there were only a couple HO slot posts on the JL diecast board once in a while. Then when this forum opened up it was great and still is great.

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
I use to post on a few different sites. I found this one the easiest to navigate thru and I like the fact that its not all about high performance cars, theres alot of different talks and newbies or people who aren't "tuners" are more than welcome and invited to ask any questions and not be snubbed.
Lets face it, although we just had a few dis-agreements and arguments, overall everyone on this board is cool.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
BRPHO said:
After getting out of 1/32 slot racing and the club scene due to the politics of it all and cost, I decided to sell off all my 1/32 stuff and go back to Ho which I have dabbled in and out of over the years from when I was a kid.

I have found Ho is a lot more enjoyable and affordable to me unlike 1/32 was.
That is very interesting because here, in the Houston, Texas area, 1/32 slot racing and the club scene is not riddle with any politics what so ever. The majority of us in the local 1/32 scene are ex-R/C racers and think compared to the costs of R/C racing, 1/32 totally rocks! Our club owner is VERY nice and generous helping out the youngest to the oldest in learning, costs, as well as providing a great, fun, but competitive environment that does not single or leave anyone feeling left out.

I owned and used to race HO scale with buddies of mine in my neighborhood when I was in grade school and all while I was growing up. They were fun and we could have a huge, ellaborate track setup with just three guys combining our tracks together, but we never got into changing gearing, tires and tweaking things like that. At least, not like we do in 1/32 today.

HO is not that big here and I don't even think there are any local HO scale clubs or race tracks around. I've personally wondered why this is the case and the closest thing I can come up with is the lack of basements here - one of the best places to setup one of these tracks and have the neighbors over for some fun. I don't know for sure, but it is interesting that we have three local 1/32 tracks and no HO scale tracks.

At any rate, I still like coming to Hobby Talk to check out what is happening in the slot car forum, regardless of it being dominated by HO scale posts.

PD2:thumbsup:

·
Registered
806 Posts
PD2 - I agree with your theory on basements. I live in Florida. From 1989-1998, my cars and track sat dorment in the garage. I had stored them on a shelf in a storage closet and unfortunately, near pool cleaning chemicals. I am sure the engineers on this site can tell you why Chlorine accelerates rusting, so it damaged some of my lock and joiner track. I moved to San Diego and the lack of humidity allowed me to set my layout up in the garage.
We built a new home in Florida and if I didn't design a slot car room in the house, all my stuff would be in storage.
Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts