Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like I'm seeing more goofy tape cars coming from hot wheels lately again. I didn't collect hot wheels for a long time because of all the silly cars they were doing, then came cool muscel cars, station wagons, cop cars etc. And now latlely I'm seeing more of the silly stuff again I'm passing on more than I'm buying. which might be a good thing.IS it just me or?

·
Registered
750 Posts
its not just you, forget HW's even exsist and collect other brands that are made for adults and you will be alot happier.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Oh, I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up.
Buy the ones you like, leave the rest hanging.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
its not just you, forget HW's even exsist and collect other brands that are made for adults and you will be alot happier.
Quite the opposite in fact. I quit collecting all the other brands & have never enjoyed collecting as much as I do now. I would put my 100% Adult Line of Hot Wheels diecast toe to toe with any other brand out there. I used to have large collections of Johnny Lightning, Greenlight, M2 Machines, Jada, etc. All but gone now, for the most part. Even though the 100% line is gone again, HW is still producing some great stuff for the adult collector: Drag Strip Demons, the new Garage series, the new Delivery series.... Plus all of the HWC/RLC cars, Convention cars, etc. For my money, this is the best diecast out there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Quite the opposite in fact. I quit collecting all the other brands & have never enjoyed collecting as much as I do now. I would put my 100% Adult Line of Hot Wheels diecast toe to toe with any other brand out there. I used to have large collections of Johnny Lightning, Greenlight, M2 Machines, Jada, etc. All but gone now, for the most part. Even though the 100% line is gone again, HW is still producing some great stuff for the adult collector: Drag Strip Demons, the new Garage series, the new Delivery series.... Plus all of the HWC/RLC cars, Convention cars, etc. For my money, this is the best diecast out there. :thumbsup:
Im glad your happy with HW's, thats your opinion and I respect that, my opinion is pretty much the exact opposite of yours, I sold all my HW and collect 2 other brands that I would put up against any 10-20 dollar 100% HW and they only cost 5 bucks.

My problem with HW's is they are just to mass produced and to many collectors that take the fun out of it. Its to hard to find new ones because everyone in the world is trying to make a buck off selling the latest HW. HW's dont finish series they leave the adult collector hanging with unfished sets, thats pretty shitty on there part, they just dont give a **** about the collector. Less people collect the brands I do ( I think Im the only one in my town) And I find everyting I want hanging on the pegs and find a lot of the chase cars from Greenlight and M2 because less people collect them and thats fine with me.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I just weed out the silly stuff and stick to the "replicas". I don't think I could give up Hot Wheels entirely. As for the other stuff. Same thing applies. If I like it, I buy it. Each company has things to offer. Collect what you like.

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
I have to side with 03silver, but different reasons..
the 100% HW line NOT that great... I have a pretty nice 70 GTX that the hood will not close on..have to display it open... I'm sure that's an exception, but put a GL 70 GTX and Roadrunner next to it and it doesn't look very good

And those other series HW charges more for? like the Larry's garage.. eh... they just keep doing re-paints and they aren't modeled after many real cars

and the dragstrip demons?...c'mon... I see now that not only did they screw up the Dodge Challenger EVERYTIME they re-paint it, but I think there is a Mustang Funny car they messed up too...talkin about putting drag slicks on the front AND rear of the car (stupid).

..and on the childs toy thing, if they are ALL for them...why would Greenlight actually go thru the trouble to make a 69 Roadrunner and a 70 Roadrunner look different in the details?... and actually listen to collectors and make a change in the width of their tires?... for a childs toy?...hmmm, don't think so

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have to side with 03silver, but different reasons..
the 100% HW line NOT that great... I have a pretty nice 70 GTX that the hood will not close on..have to display it open... I'm sure that's an exception, but put a GL 70 GTX and Roadrunner next to it and it doesn't look very good

And those other series HW charges more for? like the Larry's garage.. eh... they just keep doing re-paints and they aren't modeled after many real cars

and the dragstrip demons?...c'mon... I see now that not only did they screw up the Dodge Challenger EVERYTIME they re-paint it, but I think there is a Mustang Funny car they messed up too...talkin about putting drag slicks on the front AND rear of the car (stupid).

..and on the childs toy thing, if they are ALL for them...why would Greenlight actually go thru the trouble to make a 69 Roadrunner and a 70 Roadrunner look different in the details?... and actually listen to collectors and make a change in the width of their tires?... for a childs toy?...hmmm, don't think so

Very well said. Couldnt have said it better myself

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I also left many a car on the pegs due to I liked realistic cars. I started buying more J/L's, matchbox and others. Now Mattel sems to have listened to a dcades old debate. It is great to see the level of detail increase finally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts