Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get a smooth finish with spray paint on wood. As a newbie I'm here and create my necessary discussion If any one have experience about spray paint on wood. I'll appreciate your opinion Please don't suggest me bulk answer! Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think spray painting is faster than brush painting. Spray paint can be used on practically any surface, including wood, metal, wicker, plastic, and resin. Spray paint dries much more quickly than brushed-on paint. Wood spray paint is easier to apply on furniture with spindles, small pieces, or intricate nooks and crannies.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Go find some 'Sanding Sealer' at your local hardware store. It will seal the wood and, as with most coatings, it will make the grain expand. I just brush it on. Then you can sand it smooth, even wet sand it. And unlike polyurethanes, it will not clog up your sand paper anywhere near as much. Then you can spray a primer and top coat.

I use it regularly to finish bases that I make for my scale models. I make the bases from MDF and I am sure that you know the cut edges of MDF always end up 'furry'. A couple of coats of Sanding Sealer, sanding after each coat, followed by a spray of Sandable Primer from a rattle can. Then another light sand and I can give my base a spray of gloss. (Black being my preferred base colour.) Smooooth!

Reactions: Milton Fox Racing
1 - 5 of 5 Posts