Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am lacking on the w/l traits on the new series. :eek:
i came across this corvair today. i had the pleasure of ripping open the sealed case. this is the first sealed case i ever came across in the wild. could the white lightning gods have shined upon me? there was only 1 of this car in the case so i checked e-bay for a reference and all the others i have seen have red interior.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
nope, I don't think its a WL, but just in case, send it to me for further inspection. :tongue:

Congrats! I would see no reason why its not a white, all the ones i've seen have the dark red interior. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
air_cooled65 said:
nope, I don't think its a WL, but just in case, send it to me for further inspection. :tongue:

Congrats! I would see no reason why its not a white, all the ones i've seen have the dark red interior. :thumbsup:
i forgot to mention the tinted windows too. :thumbsup:
this is the first new packaged white that i found in the wild. i can't wait to find more. i wish this could land me one of the new muscle car firebird whites in trade like this one. i would even take the olds white from this series too. :tongue:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260091774676&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=016

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
if I find either one of those whites, we definitely got a trade. :D

·
Registered
683 Posts
Great car,your lucky,all the cases in my town are opened by employees,And by some chance they never make it to the shelf.But wait!?,amazed and confused!, they do not do that!!!that is against our store policy!!!!!!!!!,another collector beat you to it?As an employee "collector?"- runs away with it-zoom-,head smokin from ear to ear as he disappears in the stock room to pilage more cases-HEHEHAHA.At least that is what I am told.I have never found one on the shelf.BOO HOO!for me.Good luck and nice find.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dragboater said:
Great car,your lucky,all the cases in my town are opened by employees,And by some chance they never make it to the shelf.But wait!?,amazed and confused!, they do not do that!!!that is against our store policy!!!!!!!!!,another collector beat you to it?As an employee "collector?"- runs away with it-zoom-,head smokin from ear to ear as he disappears in the stock room to pilage more cases-HEHEHAHA.At least that is what I am told.I have never found one on the shelf.BOO HOO!for me.Good luck and nice find.
thanks guys! :thumbsup:
Dragboater, you are not alone. that happens at my closest walmart. it is not only diecast cars, it is anything worth more than the retail value on ebay. i witnessed two punks at my local wally pull off their act. they had a case of mcfarane figures. they kept it in the back and brought it out while i was in the isle.
1. these two punks weren't the regulars who stock the toys.
2. this wasn't during normal stocking hours.
3. i find it odd that the case of mcfarane figures are the only box of toys they had brought out.
what they did was wait until the one guy took his break. the other carried out the case and opened up. he held each one up to the other guy before he hung them on the pegs. the guy nodded his head for the ones that he wanted and the guy stocking them set those ones on the shelf below the pegs. after the guy was done stocking, the other grabbed them and ran to the nearest register.
another local wally has the woman who stocks the toys on the lookout for a relation of one of the managers. she keeps a list of anything they might want (t-hunts & whites) if she comes across them while she is stocking at night, she will set them aside and call that person to let them know that the stuff is at the service desk. i actually found this out from my friend. the woman dialed the wrong number one time and left a message on his (my buddy) mom's answering machine.

it is not only walmart. around christmas i went to a TRU. i got there right before it opened. it was only me, a woman and her two children waiting at the doors for them to open. they opened the doors and i headed right to the diecast isle. there was already a guy standing there picking through the hotwheels. i know for fact that there was no possible way that guy could have been there before me unless one of the workers let him in a side door right before they opened. he was probably a relative of one of the workers.

it is obvious that they are doing stuff that they are not supposed to do but telling a manager would be a waste of time especially when the managers are playing part of their antics. :mad:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thanks Pewter.I thought that stuff only happened in my neck of the woods.Employees pull the same exact stuff here,same scenario's that you mentioned.Here is one they pull at my TRU.5 minute's before closing they stock the Lightnings and hotwheels and anything else worth bucks.Take what they want,put them in their lockers,and purchase them the next morning.I know this is a fact.Because a female friend of mine works there.When confronted by her to let her partake in this ritual,the 2 employees tell her to take a hike.I have invited the 2 previous employees to go skiing with us,for some reason they have declined.I think they would enjoy a 200plus mile an hour ride,but I could be wrong.Just kidding, they probably do not know how to swim.So i guess i am stuck on ebay to get whites,BOOHOOO for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts