Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the General Lee and have on display and I noticed that the casting apeared smaller than the other chargers.
It is a little shorter in length and height and width.
The length is the most noticable and so is the Height.
This casting prompted me to wonder if perhaps it was new?
Now granted I compared it to a 68 charger of JL and a 69 HW but even ther it was smaller shorter than the 68 charger of JL and the heighth of the casting seems lower.
Anyone else notice this? The pictures do not show the difference.
Thanks to Wyatt for the pictures
Richard

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yeah I kinda agree you can see the difference in the pillars and the bumpers. I'm no expert on this though. Plus just in my opinion the General seems a little cheaply built compare to the previous JL casting. I'd def. have to say its a new casting. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
While trying to put a hood on the spoiler 69 Charger a general hood would fit, but older castings didnt. Well, I wasnt doing it. Big John was helping put some Chargers together for me. I was going to pick up a few generals just for the hoods but then realized the spoiler wasnt a 68... thats the year I wanted for the same color scheme.

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
The one in the pic above, on the left is the old 4x4 cast from like 1997...I hope yer not comparing it to that!... I know they have re-did the cast since then, pretty sure the Genera Lee cast is the same as the last 2 or 3 releases of the Charger.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Pablodragon said:
The one in the pic above, on the left is the old 4x4 cast from like 1997...I hope yer not comparing it to that!... I know they have re-did the cast since then, pretty sure the Genera Lee cast is the same as the last 2 or 3 releases of the Charger.
Thank you Pablodragon

I was starting to wonder if this thread was attempting to pull our leg or not ...
The General Lee 69 Charger is the same as the past 69 Chargers from 5 or 6.. years ago..

The pic of the Christmas Charger is from 2001.. The size of the Gen Lee may be deceptive due to the larger wheels on the front as well as the back..

Thanks for the PICs Wyatt

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
The 68 Charger in the picture is an old casting . The 69 Charger is much newer & also has been made as a 70 Charger . The hoods will interchange between the 69 & 70 Charger & the 69 Daytona , but most likely not the old 68 Charger .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts