Hobbyist Forums banner

Is it...?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
To me, the most convincing part of the scene that it might be real, is the texture of the grass in the foreground. But then I've seen pics of some very convincing dios. And the photo is not too sharp, which is a common visual trick to hide any obvious giveaways. So I went with dio, though if it is it's very good.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I am going to say real. The detail in the crane is better than I have seen in many diecast. The frosted windows throws me off a little. But then there is the shadows on the lawn, which is often something forgotten in dios.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
dio
no track marks in the grass. and those things tare the gras up.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
If it were real, the crane looks like a static display. Which would explain the blanked out windows and no track marks in the grass.

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Strange isn't it!

I had to stop and take a pic of it. Coolest thing I've ever seen on the side of the road forsale. When I saw how the pic came out it didn't look at all real.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Woo Hoo.... All who guessed its real win ... :woohoo:

My guess in saying it was real was the grass by the wheel tracks and the shadow under the bucket and cab. Its a heavy machine but not too heavy to make deep track marks in the grass that the grass wouldn't recover in growth.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I see alot of these small shovels when cruising the back roads of Pennsylvania, most have been sitting for years.
Cool pic Pierre!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts