Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to buy some of their Strombecker re-issues on and off (whenever I find one on Ebay that has NOT been bid to absurd heights) and given the plethora of these kits on ebay, can anyone tell me if there's a mail order source to just order them direct for a fair price?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Otto -
I just bought their "Nuclear-powered Space Station" and Frogman kits for 9 bucks each at Penn Valley Hobby in Landsdale PA

·
Registered
221 Posts
Roll Models has the full Glencoe line in their catalog for a very good price, but availability can be a little spotty- they were not able to get the space men and women when I placed an order a few months back.
Andrew

·
Registered
85 Posts
They used to have one. But I think they are out
of business. I'm glad I got my U.S. Navy Frogman
reissue when I did.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I just had lunch with Nick Argento, who is Glencoe, last week. He's alive and well. In order to make money, though, he has to do short runs, and to do those, he needs to wait until enough orders come in.

We had an interesting talk about the metallic colored plastic some Aurora kits used to come in. He told me he wanted to reproduce a speckled burgundy that was used for the Gotha bomber on the space men and women, but he couldn't get it to come out right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts