Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I know alot of the parts where on Backorder due to them Moving to Japan, but most the parts my hobbyshop now has back in stock... I never heard anything about them not making a L4 anymore.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. My LHS told me that they broke a mold for the front end, and that oval racing is about dead so go get a touring car!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
charger01 said:
Thanks. My LHS told me that they broke a mold for the front end, and that oval racing is about dead so go get a touring car!

Broken molds, oval dead!

Guess your talking to the wrong people, just raced at Marshall's this past weekend 24 heats of oval, so not quite dead.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
dont forget there's and most other 12th scales use the same front end as well.. so they would have to discontinue them as well..

cant wait for irs lower arms.. get some crc uppers, and a set of aluminum caster blocks, and we can still race.. I would think there front end parts have to be one of there better selling pan car parts..

·
Registered
182 Posts
hey there:this may be off topic some what,but with AE now releasing a 1/8th nitro buggy what will happen to TTR and their 1/8th nitro buggy and truggy? thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Gee. Maybe it's time for a new Frontend this one been out since 1992.

I don't care if ROAR does say it can only be a three shock car.
Times have changed keep the "T" bar and make a new frontend with shocks.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
?

Crow, another voice heard from the sidelines. See ya in a couple weeks at the spectacular.

On my front end the only assoc parts are the lower a ram and the upper pivot housing. When dave gets his lower done, I will have that, nice looking piece.

Also read some where, someone else, Murdock or Lefthander, or someone is doing a new front end. It was suppose to be something like the old TRC from end.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
irs will have a lower arm soon
crc makes the best upper arm
and hyperdrive will have a complete front end out very soon.
plus the new murdock front end.
who needs japanese parts anyway?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Don't forget Raceways aluminum ft end.My choice for drome racing.More castor adjustments also.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Katf1sh, I couldn't agree with you more. Too many companies are moving overseas just so we can save $0.15 on the bottom line. It is a sad day when AE (which if you remember used to advertise the original rc10 as "the import fighter" ) sells out to a foreign company. When I have kids their three choices for employment are going to be Wendy's, Burger King, and McDonald's!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
charger01 said:
Katf1sh, I couldn't agree with you more. Too many companies are moving overseas just so we can save $0.15 on the bottom line. It is a sad day when AE (which if you remember used to advertise the original rc10 as "the import fighter" ) sells out to a foreign company. When I have kids their three choices for employment are going to be Wendy's, Burger King, and McDonald's!
Consumers are the ones who drive it. Hopefully you aren't shopping at Walmart and are choosing the products you purchase based on quality.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wal-Mart ? Never heard of it! seriously though, this country needs to wake up. our products are not inferior to those overseas. It's a mindset that some folks have. Also, some people will sell their souls to save a little cash. I can rest easy at night knowing that I did not sell out my country, and that I did not desicrate the memory of the brave souls who gave all to give me a chance at life in the good ol' USA. Before you go telling me that I am wrong, please remember I am 25, I drive a 1968 Dodge Charger R/t (just try finding a jap part on that one!), and I believe that this country needs a few more people to take pride in it.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Not sure Thunder Tiger's motives, but a majority of businesses move into foreign areas. For instance the company I work for has 10 domestic plants with 2 foreign joint ventures in Shanghai and Thailand. Any form of expansion is going to be overseas due to cheap labor and less regulatory measures. The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 gives me job security as an Internal Auditor, because our Domestic locations have to be in compliance for the SEC. Europe, Asia, etc have not such Act. Therefore costs related to keeping in compliance is less.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts