Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEW INFORMATION

Custom Works
Will be giving away an Aggressor Kit to one lucky Stock racer who will be chosen randomly.

Team Tekin
Will be giving away an ESC's to one lucky Pro Stock, Open 19 Turn and SK racer who will be chosen randomly.
Yes, three Tekin ESC’s will be given away at the Iron Maximus III.

Putnam Propulsion
Will be present for the race and will be donating some great prizes to be given away to a few lucky racers randomly.

TQ Cells
Will be present for the race and will be donating some battery packs to be given away to a few lucky racers randomly.

Very Important
Stock and SK will run 3 qualifiers and mains on Sunday
Make sure you read Weekend Race/Practice Schedule below​

Drawing racers from all over the United States and Canada
Maximus is recognized around the region as a top rate R/C facility. Quality
door prizes and stiff competition make for an exciting R/C experience for
racers of all abilities.

647, US Route 1
York, Maine 03909

http://www.TeamMaximus.com

Directions to Maximus

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Online Now - Pay when you arrive at the track.

Please DO NOT sign up unless you are sure that you will be attending the race.

*By registering online you will be guaranteed a pit space. When we receive
your registration you will be assigned a pit space by Maximus. Please don't
contact us about a pit space unless you have a valid concern.

Weekend Race/Practice Schedule April 21-22:

SATURDAY: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Open Practice

SATURDAY: Round 1 Qualifing (Pro Stock, 19 turn, 4300 only) Starts 5:00 p.m.

SATURDAY: Open Practice 8:00 p.m. - Sunday 9:00 a.m.

SUNDAY: Round 1 Qualifing (Stock and SK only) Starts 9:00 a.m.

SUNDAY: Round 2 & 3 of Qualifing (All Classes) Starts 10:00 a.m.

Followed by the mains

1/10 Scale Classes:
Stock
Pro Stock
4300 Brushless
Open 19 Turn
SK Stock - SKOR Rules

*1/12 Scale Stock and 1/10 Scale Mod will only be run if we have 6 or more racers

Maximus Oval Racing Rules

Race Fees:
$40 First Class
$20 Additional

Lodging:
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2 Brickyard Lane
York, ME 03909
(207) 363-8903
2 queen beds approximately $69

Anchorage Inn
Route 1A, Long Beach Ave.
York Beach, ME 03910
First floor 2 queen beds approximately $79 - http://www.anchorageinn.com/

Union Bluff Hotel
8 Beach Street
York Beach, ME 03910
2 queen beds approximately $79, 2 queen beds and w/ pull-out couch approximately $89 - http://www.unionbluff.com/

*There are no special rates available for Maximus races with these hotels due to the time of year.

Airports:
Pease International (Portsmouth, NH 12 miles from Maximus) - http://www.peasedev.org/airportinfo/flightinfo.asp

Manchester Regional Airport (Manchester, NH 50 miles from Maximus) - http://www.flymanchester.com/

Logan International Airport (Boston, MA 60 miles from Maximus) - http://www.massport.com/logan

Tracks Info:
Carpet 36' x 84'
Runline 150-155
Stock Roll-Out 190-205 (pending motor)

Track Amenities:
Hobby Shop
Snacks and Drinks
Internet Access
Compressed Air
Tire Truer
Scale
Transponders
Power Strips
Extension Cords

Pit Space:
Max 3' Per Racer
Stand-Up Bench Spaces (no stools available)
Sit Down Space (folding chairs available)

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
great job heath :thumbsup:
oh and i think you forgot pa. and nj.

·
Registered
662 Posts
alright cool sounds good to me. so it's byom any roar legal stock? right. looking into going brushless as long as theres enough guys it should be a blast. and if my funds allow me to drop $400 to get the speedo motor and upgrades but if not i'll be in for stock and 19t. let me know who'sin for 4300 so if theres enough intrest i'll start saving now. cya all soon, Brad

·
Registered
662 Posts
oh man just realized theres a qualifier on saturday. was it like this last year? can't make that saturday so i may have to sit this one out $h*t.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
This is the first time doing it this way so racers can get home early on sunday. yes bring your own motor

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Heath glad you chose a Saturday and Sunday Race.... I just hope the wife has our baby on the 5th when schedualed. That would be the only reason I would not make it! Look forward to this event. Keep up the great work, it's always nice to call Maximus my home away from home!

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Maximus Raceway said:
[B]Weekend Race/Practice Schedule April 21-22:[/B]
Saturday - Controlled Practice 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday - 1 Round of Qualifing Starts 5:00 p.m.
Saturday - Open Practice 8:00 p.m. - Sunday 9:30 a.m.
Sunday - Drivers Meeting 9:30 a.m.
Sunday - Racing Starts 10:00 a.m. 2 Qualifiers and Main

[/QUOTE] Sweet!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
MIKE VALENTINE said:
OPEN 19 turn, sounds good to me!
Now there is no excuses for people not running 19T at the iron maximus!!! IT'S OPEN 19T TURN WHICH MEANS YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY AN ULTRABIRD! The BS Stops! yessssssss sir! anyway, Mike I will see you there, BUT if I dont race, i will bring up my son we're expecting on the 5th of April.

PM me later.

·
Registered
662 Posts
hanson never to young to put a radio in his hands just need to find a smaller one...lol. not sure if i'm gonna be able to make this race with the saturday thing now. and theres not enough time to practice sunday morning before the heats so i may just sit this one out. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
I like the format....Sounds like Heath is doing whatever he can to get the guys from far away home at a decent time.....It's easy when you live an hour away....It really becomes tough when the races get over at 7:00 pm and you have a 6 hour drive ahead of you......Hopefully you can make it Brad it will be a great race......Also I like the idea of 2 heats on sunday...Heath always manages to sort the heats pretty good so it shouldn't be a problem having a clean run.... Justin

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Brad Sousa said:
hanson never to young to put a radio in his hands just need to find a smaller one...lol. not sure if i'm gonna be able to make this race with the saturday thing now. and theres not enough time to practice sunday morning before the heats so i may just sit this one out. :confused:
There's plenty of pratice! You just need to get there late Saturday or early Sunday.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
NHOvalRacer said:
Heath glad you chose a Saturday and Sunday Race.... I just hope the wife has our baby on the 5th when schedualed. That would be the only reason I would not make it! Look forward to this event. Keep up the great work, it's always nice to call Maximus my home away from home!
My son was dued to be born on the 25th of December and he was born on the 10th two weeks early...The due date sometime dosen't happen...

·
Registered
662 Posts
MIKE VALENTINE said:
There's plenty of pratice! You just need to get there late Saturday or early Sunday.

i know mike but the problem is i would probably not be able to get there until 8 A.M. sunday morning so it would be tough. who knows maybe i'll come sunday morning and use the first heat as a practice and hope i can get in a good run for the 3rd. we'll see i'll try my hardest i hate missing these races as they are the best ones around and always draw a good crowd. hope 2 c u there. Brad :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Brad Sousa said:
i know mike but the problem is i would probably not be able to get there until 8 A.M. sunday morning so it would be tough. who knows maybe i'll come sunday morning and use the first heat as a practice and hope i can get in a good run for the 3rd. we'll see i'll try my hardest i hate missing these races as they are the best ones around and always draw a good crowd. hope 2 c u there. Brad :thumbsup:
Brad,

I have thought long and hard about the time changes and I applaud you for still considering running Sunday with only the two qualifiers.

As always I enjoy having you and all the racers from Radical Ricks, hope you can still make this race.

I am aware that changing the race to a two day event there will be many happy and unhappy racers. If it works out better then we will stick with it, if not then we will change back.

Time will only tell and I really and hoping for nother great race.

Don't forget the track is always open for practice/racing on Sundays up until the race.

Heath

·
Registered
662 Posts
heath i think you made the right decision even though it hurts me i believe it will work out for the better for most people. i'm sure the canadiens and new yorkers and further south guys will really appreciate it. i would never wanna miss any of your events so beleive me i'm gonna try my hardest to get there. well hope to c u all soon. Brad

1 - 20 of 431 Posts