Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a nice sunny day so I went out and took a few new shots of our Iraqi Street Scene diorama kit. It includes everything except the hummer. The castings are hydrocal plaster. I always recommend priming the castings before you add the colors so that the paint does not sink in so quickly.

Here's the kit;

http://www.dioramasplus.com/site/?p=369

Special offer for all forum members. Order any two of our kits this week & I'll throw in both a set of our laser cut shattered glass and a set of our cast rubble at no charge!

Cheers!

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
www.dioramasplus.com
406-821-0181

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not as long as you'd think. It took about 15 minutes to glue it together and thena few hours messing w/the paint. The secret is in the castings. All of the detail is there, you just have to bring it out.

Glad you guys like it! Now go buy one! : )

Randy

Yep, perfection, making it all look easy - you can imagine the time that actually went into this diorama!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. IMO shooting outsde is the only way to go. The variables you need to play w/are appropriate background & shadows.

I try and get my model as high as I can off the ground, that will elminate much of the (usually) unrealistic background. Next I shoot it as close to "eye level" (if you were a miniature) as possible. That seems to look most realistic.

The next thing is shadow. I love it. Sharp shadows really make the details "pop". The trick is you have to play w/it. Bright sun at 12 noon will get you a different shadow effect than one at 6 pm.

Wow ! The background is just outstanding.... The photograph taken outside, makes it look real ! Awesome job on that...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts