Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I’m pleased to announce that my IPMS chapter, Wright Field Scale Modelers, has once again been selected to host the IPMS Region 4 convention. Our first regional, held this past April, drew 750 contest entries and we hope to do even better this year.

This year’s dates are April 12-13, 2013. Once again, the event will be held at the Hope Hotel and Conference Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio, just minutes from the National Museum of the US Air Force. The venue is a great site for a contest – plenty of room and well-lighted! – and there is also on-site dining and concessions, as well as a discounted room rate for those who wish to stay overnight.

We’ve added over 20 categories and possible splits since 2012, for a new total of over 80 categories. Full information including a complete list of categories may be found here: http://www.ipmsdayton.com/2013/contest.htm

Mark your calendars now, and hope to see you in April!

Paul Helfrich

·
Registered
552 Posts
Was this the show that used to be held at the Air Force Museum? Or was that the fall show in Dayton?

Will there be any trips planned to the Air Force Museum? Discounts perhaps?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is only the 2nd year for our club, and this is the only place we've held it. But yes, past contests run by another club may have taken place at the Museum.

Our venue is just a few minutes away from the museum. Admission at the AF Museum is free. We may organize a few behind-the-scenes opportunities for our attendees, in addition to the stuff that anyone in the general public can see.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I attended the show and was also a judge, & I had a blast. I am already planning on going to the 2013 show. Isn't hanger 18 suppose to be at Wright-Pat Airbase, Just saying.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well then, this sounds like a show worth attending!:)

It's a little early but I hope to be in attnadence.

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

Tory

1 - 9 of 9 Posts