Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK guys and gals, all but one of the qualifiers for this year’s Invitational have been run. The last one will be held at BMS on the 18th of this month. After this race, the only way to get into this event will be to run the Last Chance race at Cooper’s.

This race will be run on the 25th of September along with the invitational program and the Top Qualifier ONLY from each of those classes, will have to “option” of moving into the A main of the Invitational but only IF there time’s are fast enough to have put them there to start with.

No matter how fast it is, 10th place in the A main of the Invitational is as high as they will be placed and that will be the only position that can be transferred. Racers that are already registered will be running for positions 1 thru 9 in the “A” and 1 thru 10 in the remainder of the mains.

If the Top Qualifier from the Last Chance race does not post a time that is at least faster than the pole position for the B main, he will not transfer. (B main pole will also not move up if the 10th place is not filled.)

So you can see how important your invitation is. It assures you your spot in the heats of the Invitational.

More information is at http://www.rc-oval.net/coopers_race_flyer.htm This is not a race flyer to fill out because you cannot get into this event just by paying your entry fee. But it does have race information. I hope it is ok to post this.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To clear up a couple of things:

I mentioned that the Last Chance race will be along with Invitational qualifying on the 25th. That part is correct but understand that the mains for the Invitational will be on the 26th. This is a two day event.

One other thing, the invitations will begin to go out tomorrow. IMPORTANT: if you picked yours up at Cooper's on our qualifying race, disgard them. There were mistakes concerning the entry fee and trophies and a couple of other things. (didn't proof read it enough LOL)You will get a new one in the mail.

I am posting this on behalf of the entire Planning Committee:

The Planning Committee for the East Coast Paved Oval Invitational would like to extend our gratitude to each one of the tracks that held a Qualifying Race and we sincerely hope that it in some way enhanced your racer turn out. Our thoughts have always been that the more we can do to make your race a success, the better the overall program will be.

Next years races will be even bigger and better, with qualifying tracks afforded the chance to have more than ONE qualifier. This will allow their racers to compete in more than one class on different dates. Race dates will be arranged differently to allow the racers to attend more than one track to qualify and a “possible” points series is being discussed. These are just a few of the ideas we are working on to make next years Invitational Program more interesting.

The main thing for now is to thank all of the tracks and the racers that are supporting this race. Your participation and acceptance of this new program has been greatly appreciated. Count on us to have much more to offer everyone next year. DON’T FORGET BMS ON THE 18TH It’s the last one!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Race Rules

1-CUT OFF FOR PRE REGISTERING WILL BE SEPTEMBER 18TH. (Except for the racers from BMS because their race is ON the 18th. To prevent things being delayed in the mail they can get there pre entry price “at the door”. We would appreciate all Invitational Drivers pre registering so it will give us a head start in setting up this race.

The Invitations are being mailed as you read this but if you want to send your pre entries in before you get yours, here is where to send them to.

Make Checks payable and mail to: Larry Boyd, 12311 Lullington Dr. Richmond, VA 23238. $30.00 Pre Entry $35.00 the day of the race.

Race dates are September 25th and 26th

2-No Drugs or Alcohol on the premises. You will be asked to leave.

3- Heats and mains will be 4 min. long. (Except for Legends….ARCOR rules apply there)

4- There will be 4 Heats with a re sort after round 2 (on the 25th) along with the “Last Chance” Race.

5- Triple A mains, if you win the first 2 you can not run in the third (on the 26th)

6- ALL classes will be 4 cell except for the 6 Cell Spec Class

VERY IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND

Only 9 (NINE) drivers will qualify for the Invitational A Mains. The TQ from the Non-Invitational Race will have the choice of keeping his time or moving it over to last place in the Invitational A main IF it is fast enough to qualify him in the A in the first place. He cannot transfer if his time is slower than the pole position of that classes B main.

If his TQ time would not have qualified him for the A Main in the Invitational, he will not have the opportunity to transfer. Also, no matter how fast it is, his “bump up” will only allow him to be placed in the 10th position. 1st thru 9th qualifying position in the Invitational are locked. There will be no transfer’s into any of the lower mains nor will the B main pole sitter move into the A if there is no transfer.

We must be informed by the end of qualifying on the 24th if any TQ wants to transfer their times into the Invitational.

When a driver transfers his times to the Invitational, he will give up his spot in the Non-Invitational Race. He cannot run BOTH!

Car Rules (ARCOR)

1- Must be a minimum of 4 1/2 inches at the highest point of the body

2- Must weigh 40.8 oz with transponder

3- No additional flaring to the body what so ever

4 Cell Spec Rules (PRE ENTRIES WILL DETERMIN IF THIS CLASS WILL BE RAN)

1- Only Trinity or Pro Match Spec Packs

2- BSR Spec Capped tires only

3- 21 turn Trinity Spec motors only (R brushes only)

4- ARCOR RULES APPLY TO THIS CLASS

6 Cell Spec Rules (PRE ENTRIES WILL DETERMIN IF THIS CLASS WILL BE RAN)

1- 6 Cell Trinity or Pro Match Spec Packs only

2- 21 Turn Trinity Spec motors (R brushes only)

3- Stock Rules apply to chassis and tires.

Stock Motor Rules

1- ONLY ONE MOTOR WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE STOCK CLASS: The Epic Monster Stock with Epic 27 on the stack label

2- Spring post CAN be changed

3- Any Brush/Spring combo is allowed

4- No brush hood modification other than the spring post will be allowed

5- No bushing modifications allowed

19t Rules

1- ARCOR type 19t motors only. No Hybrids.

2- No brush hood modifications.

3- Dual Magnet motors only

4- 36 degree maximum timing

5- ARCOR RULES WILL APPLY TO THIS CLASS

Modified Rules

1- ARCOR RULES APPLY TO THIS CLASS

Nitro Rules (THIS CLASS WILL NOT BE RAN AS PART OF THIS YEARS INVITATIONAL. But will be offered as a regular race for .09 or .12.)

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
With all but one qualifying race ran, this is a list of the racers that have already qualified for the East Coast Paved Oval Invitational on the 25th and 26th of September. Some tracks have yet to respond with their information. If you do not see your name and you know you are qualified let them know that we are waiting on the information. And cut me some slack on the name spelling. LOL

4 C STOCK:

Ginny Vallincourt

Jerry Draper

Roman Pemberton

Robert Pratash Jr

Matt Tyson

Doug Parisano

Steve Downs

Jason Hastings

Everett Lane

Jake Flurer

Alan Behler

Bobby Scherff

Mike Mandio

Jeff Turpin

Todd Smith

Ted Strong

Marcus Cooper

Dr. Will Landers

David Carpenter

Tome Sacek

Charlie Coopey

Everett Lane

George Mease

Paul Hill

Ken Miller

Brad Jones

David Hill

Kent Rush

4 C Spec

Darrell Clevenger

Allen Sbylzt

6 C SPEC

Brian Rexrode

Quinn Frazier

Bill Dernberger

Todd Smith

Ted Strong

Marcus Cooper

Dr. Will Landers

Paul Hill

Ken Miller

Brad Jones

LEGENDS

Roger Foley

Derek Law

Steve Smith

Ray Foley

Mike Arrington

Gary Thurman

Robert Pratash Jr

Robert Pratash Sr

Randy Pratash

Steve Arrington

OPEN 19T

Rick Talbot

Donnie Logan

Charlie Yates

Steve Vallincourt

Lin Vaughan

Gary Warren

Steve Downs

Jeff Helms

Stan Brackett

Roman Pemberton

Arnie Fie

Jason Schreffler

Rick Talbot

Chris Rhinehart

Phil Cooper

Dave Carpenter

Rick Liehr

Steve Wallace

Peter D’Angolo

Steve Miller

OPEN MODIFIED

Steve Downs

Gary Warren

Lin Vaughan

Roman Pemberton

Jeff Helms

Arnie Fye

Stan Brackett

Donnie Logan

Charlie Yates

David Carpenter

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I said there are some tracks I have not heard from yet. I have not received anything from Willow Mills and Easley said they had no entries to send.

I have emailed George but if someone could "prod" him a little bit I would appreciate it LOL.

BUT THERE WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM BECAUSE OF THIS! If you ran at any of the qualifiers and you do not see your name EMAIL ME NOW and I will be sure that you are on the list! [email protected] IF it gets down to the last minute you may not be able to receive your Invitation in time so please do it NOW and include your mailing address.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
WE'RE OFF TO THE RACE TRACK!!!!!

Looks like really good weather for this weekend and we are expecting a good turn out as well.

We will be there all day tomorrow if anyone wants to get in some track time. If there are enough that are there and are interested, we may even be talked into a two round "club race"!

If anyone needs directions, look up 4000 Sago Road, Callands, VA 24530 in Map Quest. I will also have my cell with me 804 641 7838 but I will not be back on the computer until after the race.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE TRACK!!!!!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Thanks!!

Lin; there's an old saying that goes something like:

There are those who make things happen; those who stand around and watch things happen; and those who spend their time wondering *what* happened. Thanks for being one who makes things happen.

I know how much time, energy and money you have put into getting Coopers up and running this year. I appreciate it. Thanks; Ernie P. :cool:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the top 3 from each class. All of the finnishers will be posted in the RC-Oval article:

First three. The full list will be on the site shortly.

Legends:

Ray Foley

Steve Arrington

Robert Pratash

4 Cell Stock:

Steve Downs

Mark “Army” Cambell

Robert Pratash Jr.

6 Cell Stock

Henry Green

Josh Pitts

Ronald Earl

Open 19t

Johnny Broyles

Andy McClellan

Jeff “Humpty” Helms

Our thanks go out to ALL that came out and raced with us in the East Coast Paved Oval Invitational this year. WE AIN'T DONE! There will be some changes but the race will be back next year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts