Hobbyist Forums banner

Invitation to GasCar - KIMBROUGH 4:00

5K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  swtour 
#1 ·

[Bakersfield CA] Labor Day weekend the KIMBROUGH 4:00 will be rising up from the abyss. We're bringing this event back, and it'll be running on the concrete high banks of the A-Main Raceway in Bakersfield CA.

The track is approximately 265 ft. run line, egg shaped tri-oval (with a pit lane) hmmm sounds perfect for some Car OVAL cars!!

John Foister contacted me about adding the GAS cars to the event - to which I say COOL!

I'm pretty sure we can round up a decent field of cars, but wanted to invite GASCAR's group of racers too - if you guys feel like taking a Holiday TRIP to the West Coast come LABOR DAY WEEKEND.

Details for this event are still being worked out, but it'll be Sept 2-4, 2011.

Roar Membership Required.

Thanks

Joe Myers

www.Kimbrough400.com

www.southwesttour.com

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't speak for everyone, but I would love to come race in California. The only problem is that is way way way out of my racing budget. I would like for there to be nitro pan cars at your event, so if you need any help with rules, or if you need Dynamite .12 restrictors, let me know, I'll be glad to help you get the nitro side of things worked out. Just send me a pm.

Best of Luck with your event,
Sam Presnell

#4 ·
John and Monti said they will come if there's a class - c'mon~~

Sam,

I may be hitting you up for rules and guidelines - I know NOTHING about gas cars...other than I had one, and never got to race it...and sent it to McLin a few years ago, in hopes someone could use it.

#8 ·
Thanks guys...

This track used to run some nitro races way back a dozen years ago, we even had a gas class the first year of the SWT Series - but the numbers fell off really quick, cause this was the only track we ran that anyone ran them.

The pit lane is outside on the front straight - with a sunken area for the pit crew to stand to pit the cars from w/o having to bend over.

Pit lane is kind of narrow, but the track was built with pit stops in mind way back when...

#12 · (Edited)
Bakersfield has an airport, but I'm not sure what/who flies in.

This is CA's ONLY Cap Track other than the Encino Velodrome which is currently on hold.

the airport code is BFL - the airport is Meadow's Field - looks like just puddle jumpers

Allegiant (Service to and from Las Vegas only)
United Express
US AIR

#16 ·
Hey John and GASCAR guys - I haven't found your rules, if someone could send me a link or a copy of thier normal nitro rules you guys use, and motors sizes and restrictions I'd appreciate it.

(I have NO CLUE on this Nitro/Gas Stuff)

Chris is looking at running one, Jim Bishop is trying to get his hands on one, and I've heard we could/should have 2-3 more (but no pre-entries have come in for them yet)

#18 ·
Thanks Timmay,

Big Willy had found it and sent me the link.

It appears John won't be making it out, so I don't know if we'll have any gassers or not. Big Willy and a couple others were looking to join in, but I doubt they will if there's only 2-3 of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.