Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Invisible Man Finished

Well after 2 to 3 months of on/off work and a couple of weeks of steady work I finally finished my Invisible Man. Take a look and tell me what you think. One thing the pictures don't show really much at all is the depth of the bandages. My wash and dry brusing show up nicely without slapping you in the face on the model but don't really show up in the pics. And this is the completed model now with the pictures replaced with the end product. Another excellent kit from Moebius with a large number of parts, perfect moldings, and fantastic detail.

Attachments

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
One thing the pictures don't show really much at all is the depth of the bandages. My wash and dry brusing show up nicely without slapping you in the face on the model but don't really show up in the pics.
IMO that's the way washes, shading, and highlighting should be--subtle and natural without looking like they were painted on. Nice build! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great looking IM!!!! I like the darker finish on the wood. Very nice!! - Denis
Thanks everyone. I used three articles from Amazing Figure Modeler, Kitbuilders, and Fine Scale to get ideas. In Kitbuilders Dan Jorgensen used Minwax over a brown paint for the natural wood parts and it did work nicely other than it took about 4-5 days for it to cure. I used the dark walnut but if I had to do it over I think I would have done the floor in a lighter stain. Or maybe used a lighter base paint under the stain. That is probably the only big thing I would change. I used the TSDS decals, which are high quality decals, and that added nicely to the books.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Thanks everyone. I used three articles from Amazing Figure Modeler, Kitbuilders, and Fine Scale to get ideas. In Kitbuilders Dan Jorgensen used Minwax over a brown paint for the natural wood parts and it did work nicely other than it took about 4-5 days for it to cure. I used the dark walnut but if I had to do it over I think I would have done the floor in a lighter stain. Or maybe used a lighter base paint under the stain. That is probably the only big thing I would change. I used the TSDS decals, which are high quality decals, and that added nicely to the books.
Great Job.:thumbsup: I actually love the darker wood, it is a nice change. Most who did it have a lighter color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts