Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just finished this Bubble head up
or AKA Saucerman from the Classic Sci-Fi movie
.I tried to stay true to what the Original coloration of the mask that BoB Burns wore in the movie for closeups and also the head that is in his muesum.The kit does come with a severed hand but left that out for another time
Later!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Great job!

He reminds me of an (ahem) "producer" that I had the extreme displeasure of working for years back. We actually took a photo of him and comped it with a closeup still of one of the saucer men. Looked very natural. :lol:

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Fantastic.Very menacing look.You really captured the essence of this alien with your fantastic paint job.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Fabulous as usual Danny :thumbsup: Tell me ...Do your arms ever get tired?:p
Mcdee

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sweet cabbage head there Danny ! fantastic looks like he's coming to life , i was very young when i first saw this movie still gives me the hebbie jebbies with those nails .

Robert.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for commenting on my Saucerman:thumbsup:.I should have the severed hand done today and will reshoot a pic with it.:)

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
You keep blowing my mind with your work!

Dan, your work is the first time I have ever seen then in color, as if black and white wasn't scary enough.

Don't forget the dripping alcohol from the finger tips on the hand.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You keep blowing my mind with your work!

Dan, your work is the first time I have ever seen then in color, as if black and white wasn't scary enough.

Don't forget the dripping alcohol from the finger tips on the hand.
Thanks a million Lloyd for the compliments and currently working on the severed hand for the little guy.The last photo you see is the actual head that was used in the movie and the creater is wearing it and that is Bob burns in the pic also.:)Next up when time allows is Fiend without a face.;)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
That really came out nice, Dan! Thats the color scheme I want to paint mine (When I eventually get around to painting it :eek:). Just like the actual mask :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Excellent job Dan!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Very cool looking!

Chris.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts