Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Wonderful work!
That was one of the most interesting craft LIS ever came up with- instead of stacking junk from the prop dept it actually looks like an alien culture created it using unknown technology.
A very nice build of a great subject!

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
That is excellent! well, except the 'elf shoes' on the aliens but that's what they wore... :)

I don't think this prop was ever recycled in any other IA production, was it? It seems it would have been perfect for an episode of VTTBOTS.

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Guys.

The "elf' shows mentioned were never seen in the episode...Only the disembodied Heads and Hands. I think the shoes were Lunar Models artistic Idea....

Yes, the early episodes of Lost In Space were superior to the later episodes when it became the Dr.Smith Comedy hour. As seen in the alien craft here.
No this craft was never seen again. It was never used in any other Irwin Allen production.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
That is excellent! well, except the 'elf shoes' on the aliens but that's what they wore... :)

I don't think this prop was ever recycled in any other IA production, was it? It seems it would have been perfect for an episode of VTTBOTS.
Or Outer Limits!

Super-nice job. Is this scratch built? Love to have it on my shelf, if it's a kit.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Thanks Guys.

The "elf' shows mentioned were never seen in the episode...Only the disembodied Heads and Hands. I think the shoes were Lunar Models artistic Idea....

Yes, the early episodes of Lost In Space were superior to the later episodes when it became the Dr.Smith Comedy hour. As seen in the alien craft here.
No this craft was never seen again. It was never used in any other Irwin Allen production.
Actually it was used again inside the derelict spacecraft that Will and Smith find the thought machine in "Wish Upon A Star". Just as we first see the space ship in the establishing shot you can make out the silhouette of it lying on its side as they approach the ship. Will or Smith actually sits on it when they first get there.

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually it was used again inside the derelict spacecraft that Will and Smith find the thought machine in "Wish Upon A Star". Just as we first see the space ship in the establishing shot you can make out the silhouette of it lying on its side as they approach the ship. Will or Smith actually sits on it when they first get there.
By Golly!!! Your are 100% correct my friend!! I never saw that before...just checked it out!! Outstanding find!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
As I scanned past the thread title I got this weird image of a band of marauding Motowners...

It passed, thankfully!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Very cool model, and a very good job building it. "Invaders" may be my most favorite episode of LIS. I remember it scared the bejesus out me when I was a kid.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had to re-visit "Wish Upon A Star" to see the 'Invaders' ship. Yup, it's there. And I have to comment about how weirdly surreal Lost In Space could be during its first season. Dr. Smith enjoying a banquet with baroque table settings in an ancient crashed alien ship with the Mona Lisa looking over his shoulder. All filmed at a slightly askew angle with noirish lighting. Love it!!!

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Very cool model, and a very good job building it. "Invaders" may be my most favorite episode of LIS. I remember it scared the bejesus out me when I was a kid.
It still is a very effective episode for raising goose bumps, except for
Bob May's legs being exposed as he goes behind a bush towards the end
was priceless!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts