Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings folks.......

I read this slot board a few times a day,and didn't know where to post this,so I figured this was as good a place as any.

I have been collecting diecast for quite a few years now.I was lucky to build a decent collection of redlines a few years back,before they "caught on" if you know what I mean,and they got too rich for my blood.Some of you may remember me as the owner/moderator of the old Yahoo email groups that went by the name of "The Redline List".I still own and operate the original E Groups "HW-List" from '96 on Yahoo.
Now,I collect JL's pretty heavily,just as I did as a kid when the old Toppers were made,and pick up anything else I see that I like,whether it's a regular wheel MB,a Jada,or a Hotwheel.Doesn't matter who makes it as long as I like it.I do it for fun and for the love of all things cars.

For quite a few years now,I've been picking up HO track sets for dirt cheap at stores like Odd Lots.We'd play with them a bit,and I'd put them away in a corner of the basement.I had always wanted to build a nice permanent 4 lane HO track.
I had an original Tyco 4 laner from the mid '70's for Xmas as a kid that I had planned on using,but my dad so graciously threw it in the trash when he moved 4 or 5 years ago.

So a week or so ago,I stopped procrastinating,and dragged up all of the track from the basement.I built a nice little 4 lane track on a 4 by 6 table I made,soldered up most of the track joints,got the track fairly smooth and level,and just a little while ago built.tested and mounted a lap counter that I built with plans from ho slotcar racing.com.

Now that I've gotten this far,I'm sure that I'll have a lot of questions and advice to ask,so I have found in the past it is a good idea to introduce ones self first so that folks know a little about you,rather then to just jump on to a forum and do a "drive by".

That being said,I would just like to say thanks for the advice I've gotten here so far,and for any help I may get in the future.

Mike(^RacerX^)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Mike, welcome. I remember that old Yahoo mailing list.....I used to collect HW's in 95-98....but I sold off my collection. I too like the redlines....but they are way too pricey for me now.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have........there are alot of helpful people here from Yoda the resin caster,customizers,basement racers,regular circuit racers,drag racers, and some of us that are just too addicted to put a label on our addictions just yet... :jest:

Have fun, Brian :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
So Mike where in this great big world are you located. Since you have a basement I figure you are not in the south :)

Roger Corrie
Virginia Beach, VA

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Welcome Mike, and thankyou! I received the package today, I was in Watertown over the week. You will have your suprise being mailed out on Saturday. -Pete

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pete:Sounds great!!!!

Roger: I am in southeastern NY,Orange County to be exact.
Hoping I can find some other folks who are into racing in my area.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts