Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Action Figure Times has posted links to a series of photos of the interiors of both the 50s and 60s Die-Cast Batmobiles. Looks like a pretty quick paint job was done (without primer) but you can get a good idea of the amount of detail that's been included on these cool kits. Go to
http://www.aftimes.com/aslu/slu.shtml and scroll about halfway down the page until you see the Batmobiles.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Thanks! I checked them out from work. (can't post at work though) I was not expecting that much detail on the interiors. Great stuff! A BatPhone - Great! And the Crime Lab looks really neat too.

Sure am looking forward to these.

James :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
All information I have seen says wood. But it could be either.

I am thinking about light brown or tan. It would also make it lighter and easier to see inside!

Mark D

G

·
got both of the diecast kits at Hobbylobby last night- really beautiful kits!!! i highly recommend these- excellent values, at that! bring on the styrene kit please!!!:p

·
Registered
110 Posts
In the 1950s BLONDE WOOD was the rage for furniture. It was the 'in' fashion. I know because I have a dresser drawer stored (or replace the word 'stored' with the word hidden) in my garage. Would a blonde wood cabinet finish look good in the 1950s Batmobile? Or would that be too fadish for drawers to simulate in the car?

My Batmobiles are coming in the mail!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Huh? Mike, I guess you're trying to prove a point with that 'bump', but I can't see what it is. The page referered to is long gone. The other one made more sense than starting a new thread since the topic is current and all the possible answers are already there. Not raggin on ya', just saying I don't get it.

Would the color I used for the Batmobile be considered "blonde" wood?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I didn't get it either, Dreamer. Since the link no longer shows the Batmobile interiors, I'm puzzled why this thread got bumped up to the top??????

- GJS

·
Registered
783 Posts
I dunno. I had a long day and was just being a jerk. Sorry.

So in the interest of saying something useful, let me say I bought the Corgi 1940s Batmobile yesterday at the big box retailer. Kinda cute and the batface is perfect for the front of the 1940's Batplane I've been working on forever (1/48th scale, built from a kit of a WWII Yak trainer). But I was disappointed in the scuplt. Very toylike. And no interior. They just chromed the windows.

On the other hand, the 1960s Batmobile had a cool little batman figure, good for a lot of applications if you don't mind paying the six bucks.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Mike Warshaw said:
I dunno. I had a long day and was just being a jerk. Sorry.
Ha ha ha... I finally took a look at the 'Captain Sighting' thread. NOW I get it! That's okay Mike. I've had days like that too.

- GJS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts