Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just happend to check out the club site and this was posted:

"When the S’Cool Bus® won in this year’s third sELECTIONs™ polls, we brought out the tool, dusted it off -- and discovered that (for some unknown reason) it didn’t match the original Tom Daniel design. There were extra roof vents and a larger sunroof (see images)! In order to present you with a more authentic -- and more preferable -- product, we decided to take the time to modify the tool to reflect the original design".

Two things struck me as funny. (ha, ha, ha......not!)

1. For some unknown reason the tool didn't match the original Tom Daniel design. (Now how did that happen?) & (What is wrong with Mattel?)

2. Since the S'cool bus has made several appearences over the last 16 years, my questions have to be is just what version was produced and why hasn't anyone noticed until now, finally was there EVER (including the 1970 redline version) an accurate casting of the Tom Daniel design?

Is there anyone that would like to share their thoughts on this, yet another debacale by the great Mattel?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Didn't they just do a recast of the S'cool Bus recently, I think in the Target Super Chromes set?

I don't know, I noticed they had an issue with the Beatnik Bandit, so they aren't offering that one anymore, and have instead replaced it with something else(I think it was the Street Snorter). And besides, most of the redline reissues from the last several years have been off, none of them correctly portrays the car the way it was originally produced.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
...original Tom Daniel design. There were extra roof vents and a larger sunroof (see images)! In order to present you with a more authentic -- and more preferable -- product, we decided to take the time to modify the tool to reflect the original design".
funny, I just looked over these 2, one is the mid-90's re-pop and the other is the bigger scale one that came out a year or 3 ago... which actually has Tom Daniels name ALL OVER IT... the Tom Daniels one with his name ALL OVER IT.. has a larger sunroof than the HW's one, and the same number of roof vents

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Judging strictly by the number of views vs. replies, it would seem that no one really cares about stuff like this and that's why Mattel has been able to get away with doing subpar diecast, all while keeping a premium price tag.

In other words if we don't care, why should they?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts