Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I'm very interested in the 1/4 scale scene, I'm in California and have only been to one track and that was in Riverside at the Glenallen MX park.
I tlked to ? Larry ? a little bit but there was a show going on when I was there, did not want to bother him much since he was racing.
I currently run 1/10 oval NASCAR theme/ and nastruck Theme, trying to sell off a bunch of equipment to run 1/10th again this year for the 5th consecitive year.

I seem to think it would be cheaper than the 1/10 counter parts and the motors seem to be cheaper for what your getting.
If I could get some help here to verify if this would be somthing I could really get into.

Please e-mail info to [email protected]

Thanks to everyone ahead of time for your time.

Tim,

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Tim you came to the right place for what you want to know I came from 10th scale 3 years ago and I can tell you the up front price is a little more than 10th but this depends on buying new or used but your over all up keep aint as bad but the racer buys what they want or think to make them get were they want to be so that's up to the racer but I will tell you this you will get more enjoyment out of this than the small stuff sometimes buy the way WE go at each other on this forum it can be deceiving we are a very close group of guys that like giving each other hell I have meet more friends and got help than I ever did in 10th scale we simply just have more fun and more competition than any other form of RC has to offer

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I have been doing this over ten years. Trust me it is much less expensive than 10th. scale. I will guarnteen you will have more fun. As Willy said we help each other. I want to beat something that is fast not an ill handeling moving road hazard.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Tim, Go to qsacwest.com, for our scheadule, the first race of the year is in early Feb. At
the quartermidget track at the Orange Show, what a blast.

Tom

·
Turning Left
323 Posts
Yes....drop the 10th and go 1/4! Heck I dropped full size to go 1/4 and never looked back! Will is right....this is one big group of family and help is all around! Now I have finger twitch cause we havn't raced in what seems forever!...LOL

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I still have severial 1/10th cars 4 sale if I can sell off some of my stuff I might be able to afford to get a used car. but until then I'll just have to read about it for now, I know severial who quit 1/4 awhile back but they sold there stuff already, we Run our 1/10 th stuff in boulder once in a while thats approx 5 to 6 hrs away from me and not sure about our cali 1/4 scale tracks. I'm in Ventura Ca.

Thanks again
Tim

Heck I might have to rent a ride lol.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
I know the racers in cali will hook you up most racers in 1/4 scale will let you wheel a car and after they get to really see what you can do they will let you test there sprint without rolling there eyes or saying you want me to let you do what with my sprint?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL Willy been there myself helping the 1/10th newbies.
Is Larry still around from the glenhellen mx track. I drove his dirt latemodel for severial laps and really enjoyed the bigger car, I have also visited with Frank Killiam he has severial 1/5th scale cars and has ran some speed runs at the encino velo drome.
I have also talked to Don Natalie with associated he just said last year before I saw your schedule there was not many places to run them.
There are severial guys who have told me not to think about 1/4 scale racing in Cali but I want one anyways, if I don't get to do alot of racin with it I definatly want to do a speed run at the velo drome and capture a record with the isc club and possable guiness record for that track.
If anyone here runs 1/10th oval and know anyone wanting some cars and parts I would be willing to do some trading for some 1/4 scale stuff and parts. It does not have to be perfect just as long as it will work to get started until a new car can be bought.

I saw that there is or was a real quick change rear end with metal gears, I like that vs the big belt drive gears especially for the velodrome since you will have to gear pretty high for the tenth scale we are at 63 pinion and 73 spurs. LOL
Thanks for all the help. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
729 Posts
LOL Willy been there myself helping the 1/10th newbies.
Is Larry still around from the glenhellen mx track. I drove his dirt latemodel for severial laps and really enjoyed the bigger car, I have also visited with Frank Killiam he has severial 1/5th scale cars and has ran some speed runs at the encino velo drome.
I have also talked to Don Natalie with associated he just said last year before I saw your schedule there was not many places to run them.
There are severial guys who have told me not to think about 1/4 scale racing in Cali but I want one anyways, if I don't get to do alot of racin with it I definatly want to do a speed run at the velo drome and capture a record with the isc club and possable guiness record for that track.
If anyone here runs 1/10th oval and know anyone wanting some cars and parts I would be willing to do some trading for some 1/4 scale stuff and parts. It does not have to be perfect just as long as it will work to get started until a new car can be bought.

I saw that there is or was a real quick change rear end with metal gears, I like that vs the big belt drive gears especially for the velodrome since you will have to gear pretty high for the tenth scale we are at 63 pinion and 73 spurs. LOL
Thanks for all the help. I will keep you posted.
Hey Tim,

I sent you an email to the email you listed. Did you get it? Anyways, as far as Larry's track goes. No the Asphalt track is gone. It is now covered with dirt for a 1/5th scale off road track. We started racing at the Quarter Midget track at Orange Show Speedway in San Bernardino, CA. We have our first points race there on February 6th, 2010. (See QSCA West 2010 Series Schedule for following races) Your best bet would be to come out to that race and see how we do it and inquire on a used car there. We would love to have you join us, maybe get some of your other 1/10th scale buddies to come out as well, they all will not be dissapointed at all. I promise!!! :thumbsup: Give me a call or PM me if you have any questions...

Denny Andrews
"Got Paint"
909-638-8976

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll do my best and try to get down that way in Feb. Yes I did get your e-mail and have looked at your schedule. Thank 4 the info. The reason I had asked about Larry he had some stuff 4 sale when I saw him last.

Thank 4 the help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts