Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Looks like Intercars made some real interesting castings, that's quite a list. Many cars you rarely see in scale.
Anyone have others?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Very nice, i have never seen this sort of box before,only plastic display boxes from the late 1970s.What a superb casting - I hope to one day find one of these for myself!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have their Alfa, of course!

A bad 33/2 Iguana show car from the 1960s. They are also called NACORAL Inter-Cars, if you want to search for that name...

Here is a great site for the rest of the list - http://nacoral.jimdo.com/ - lots of pictures AND catalogs!!!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The Auto Pilen catalog for 1971 clearly shows actual Corgi Mini Cooper & Olsmobile Tornado and a Dinky Detomaso Mangusta which shows the company´s own brand new castings were not ready when the catalog went for printing. Monza may or may not be an original Tekno and Mercedes 250 maybe an original Mebetoys.Chevy Astra looks like a Corgi from the colours - I have the Pilen version which is an amazing copy which doesnt appear to come from Corgi tooling.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The Pilen Monza is very similar but not identical to the original Tekno.

Were the Danish molds modified or just copied? The Pilen versions have a longer baseplate that covers more of the front and rear of the car, plus the rear engine cover does not open as in the Tekno (and Joal) versions. Auto Pilen as well as Espana and Escala 1/43 are now on the baseplates. They came with and without a hole in the baseplate, to attach it to the clear plastic box in which Pilen cars came in the 1970s. Before that, a cardboard box was used.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Joal were competitors not associates of Pilen as far as I know,and I have seen no evidence that Joal shared or sold on the Tekno tooling to Pilen or anyone else however we can see from the catalogs that these Spanish companies often chose to make their own versions of castings already locally made by a rival although French Dinky tooling did also go to Spain once the French Dinky production shut down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts