Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inside the brain of a slotcar Customizer...Danger! Enter if you DARE <<< WARNING >>>

I know how inspirational builds happen for me. Something in my brain triggers an idea from another idea and it just keeps happening.

Example:

First Mr.Hilltop (super builder extrodinair) paints up a Jasper Powered Shadow body like only he could. Proving that any ho hum slotcar body can be made into a Master Piece. This leads me into the world of Shadows that could be and have painted up a bunch now as others have too.

This Yellow Shadow above was originaly supposed to be a Jasper Powered II car with a scoop added to it like Russ the Hut had suggested way back when. This scoop came from Hilltop Enterprises and fit the bill to a "T". Remember to always send lots of Kewl stuff in your trades as it seems to come back to you 10 fold.

Now this body was yellow before because, I messed it up trying to do the red on the Jasper Powered II paint job. A Pine-sol tanked stripping later and this body got squirted yellow again. But wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This gets crazy now so hold on...lol One of our friends left an empty pack of Camels in our garage yesterday and I decided to just throw it on the build table in the garage instead of the garbage. I used to be a big Jimmy Spencer fan and started seeing Purple and Yellow suddenly (it happened real fast). :eek: :)

A Camel Shadow!!!!!!!!! Randy does all those 2 tone paint jobs and 3 tone now so, it is my turn to have some fun. Boing my brain went into overload and Ginger just happened to be leaving with the kids to go see here parents for a bit. My hand waved goodbye and then started to mask, load paint and spray silver first and then quickly clean my airbrush bowl and sprayed purple. YES! Holy Toledo this paint combo is just Sweeeeeeeeeet! I have it under a lamp now and just can't stop looking at it. The picture doesn't do it justice at all.

If our friend would have just thrown that empty pack away...this car would have never gotten done up. Wheeeeew! Thank goodness for our lazy or forgetfull friends. :)

If you have made it this far then I would like to here your crazy or normal inspirational build up ideas. Inspiration is my main fuel and I get 100% of that from here on Hobby Talk.

Bob...Coach don't even try that rusty bolt trick here in Nebraska :D...zilla

P.S. the masking tape used was TAMIYA in different widths. It works great and is easy to use. Just like a scotch Tape dispenser. I am all about easy...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
This UW Husky graduate and fan thinks this is the most beautiful car he has ever seen in his life and loves the process you went you through.

Should you ever want to send that car in my direction, it would be well loved.... just so you know.... :)

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,719 Posts
Inside his brain??? Probably don't need to go there!!! Of course I like the colors. I've been wanting to use these colors, also a dark blue and yellow combo. I like those attention getter cars. :thumbsup::thumbsup: RM

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
um, that phrase means something completely different here in the states.... not that there's anything wrong with it. lol!
You haven't been in chat lately have you...

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Thanks you Bob!!! I am so inspired!!! I finally got my shadow primed!!! Almost time to break out the airbrush for another go at it.. I just hope what I'm going to shoot out of it works!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Hahaha, ok you only get a pack of **** in a gay bar then!!!! Mental note to self, don't mentions ****(smokes) again!

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Bob,
Slap a number 4 on that thing and you'll be able to off it on some Vikings fan on the bay for mucho deniro. :devil:

Good combo! Silver as a base really helps! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Dave

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
It is already going to Marty as he asked first...Go Huskies!!

Bob,
Slap a number 4 on that thing and you'll be able to off it on some Vikings fan on the bay for mucho deniro. :devil:

Good combo! Silver as a base really helps! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Dave
LOL....NOW THAT IS FUNNY....:lol:

No there sure isn't. "Bob...it's okay to be me....Zilla" is loud and proud. (your welcome Bob). It's about time we got this out there isn't it?? :lol: nd
I am married and have 2 kids ND....are you trying to say it's all just a front? hahahahahaha...no it isn't...oh crap. :rolleyes:

Bob...#4 is a great idea lol...zilla

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Spray one orange & just slap a Hooters decal on it...

Thanks you Bob!!! I am so inspired!!! I finally got my shadow primed!!! Almost time to break out the airbrush for another go at it.. I just hope what I'm going to shoot out of it works!! :rolleyes:
You are the slotcarman! Kooo-kooo-ka-chew

Don't fear the Reaper...wait the paint that is. It will all come out fine and soon you will find the fun ways of the brush.............25% thinner to 75% paint is about right but, it can go either way. Remember to spray a box of something first. Sometimes the paint from an Airbrush can come out speckled at first. I do that every spray & it has saved many of a car from the pine-sol jar. If it comes out speckled and keeps speckling you need more thinner. Lots of time it just speckles for the first couple of seconds and then your spray pattern is good to go....Phsssssssssssssssssht

Bob...I want to see C:)L:wave:RS Fr:devil:m you s:hat::hat:n...zilla

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Joe...Learn to adjust your brush down to the absolute finest atomization (drop size you can) then dial your way up.

also...

What Bob is really saying is no matter how experienced you are with your airbrush ALWAYS point the first shot at something other than your intended workpiece and avoid the wall texture effect.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts