Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last couple months I've had two (2) packages disappear. The Post office give a tracking number to tell when your package arrives; my last one was (supposedly) delivered this past Monday. I spoke with the carrier here; he said that he scanned and put it at my door. Well, lo and behold I come home that evening...no package!

Me and another resident here have both had packages disappear...I have a sneaking suspicion as to who it MIGHT be and if I catch this person taking or tampering with someone else's mail...my wife had best hold me back 'cause I'LL be the one get locked up after what I do to the low-life!!!

So now I guess I'm out of a car, and maybe file a police report.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
I am surprised the carrier would leave it. If something comes here, Canada Post and no one is home to receive it, a notice is left and you pick it up at the closest post office. That sounds like a terrible system.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I am surprised the carrier would leave it. If something comes here, Canada Post and no one is home to receive it, a notice is left and you pick it up at the closest post office. That sounds like a terrible system.
It's actually a great system. I would hate to have to make a trip to the post office every time I got a package. I have boxes left on my porch all the time. 16 years and never one gone missing.

Whether or not a signature is required is up to the shipper. If they ship it using a method that requires a signature, then the postman won't leave it without a signature. If not, then you take your chances. If you have problems with your neighbors, you can always tell your postman never to leave packages if no one is home.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Wouldn't be a great system in my neighborhood.;):p
It's actually a great system. I would hate to have to make a trip to the post office every time I got a package. I have boxes left on my porch all the time. 16 years and never one gone missing.

Whether or not a signature is required is up to the shipper. If they ship it using a method that requires a signature, then the postman won't leave it without a signature. If not, then you take your chances. If you have problems with your neighbors, you can always tell your postman never to leave packages if no one is home.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Where I live I do not have home delivery. I only have a P.O. Box. So I have to go to the post office to get all my mail. That way I know it stays safe and dry in all kinds of weather. If you suspect one of the neighbors go talk nicely first and if no reaction call the law in.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did just as you said, farmer. I let ppl know and filed a police report. Just got a call from a detective who's investigating. Now the ppl here are on notice and the management is watching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts