Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum and I wanted to get more information on selling a '77 chevy caprice. I just won contest froma local radio station and they are going to fix my car up. When I get it back I plan on selling it. I have to clue where to start on cars, but I am curious on how much I can possibly get for it. The following is a list of the things they are going to put in:
candy paint job, All new interior, stereo system, dvd system, alarm system, navagation, new tires and rims, tint.
The whole job is going to be valued at $15,000. The body is in excellant condition. Like I said before, I really don't know a lot about cars at all and it would be great if some one could held me with this. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
First, do you know you posted on a diecast bulletin board? As in TOY cars, not real cars??

You are likely to get some opinions here but not as many as you would get if you went to a real Chevy BB.

That being said, it's too bad you don't own some other kind of a car. As far as I know there is not much demand for 77 Caprices. Just because you dump thousands of dollars into it, doesn't mean there are going to be a bunch of people lined up to buy it.

I would guess that your best hope is to make it into a lowrider. You don't say where you live but in some areas of the country (especially where there is a large Latino population), 50's, 60's, and 70's Chevy sedans are desired for conversion into lowriders. If you can get them to put the money into a wild paint job, wire wheels, and a good hydraulic system, you might stand a much better chance of selling it. Just a thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts