Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a diecast enthusiast but I just purchased these slot cars and wanted some info on them.....manufacturer? value? Any help would be appreciated - thank you in advance.

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
These are averages based on casual observation. All dependent on the feeding frenzy at the time and overall condition.

Green Dune Buggy...fairly popular...go for around 25 to 40 bux...but I've seen them go higher when shined up in the box. (Looks like someone may have taken a little slice off the front screw post and whatever that schmootz is on the front of the roof.)

Butternut Lola... packing material if there's any damage...LOL...er I mean 15 to 30. Hopefully the unseen accents and striping are perfect too.

Blue Elva... 22 to 40 bux...more of a collection filler car...ya might get lucky and have two buyers chasing it simultaneouly.

From here ...other than the visible chrome loss on the wheels and forty year old hop up decals needing floated off... it's a clean looking bunch. They are not overly rare examples and lack their packaging. I'm gonna say a hair above the spread...given this year's market.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
now that you know what FleaBay might get you for them... pick up some cheap Tyco track and start tinkering. the hours of fun you get diddling with old Tjets... priceless. :D

--rick

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I'm a diecast enthusiast but I just purchased these slot cars and wanted some info on them.....manufacturer? value? Any help would be appreciated - thank you in advance.

Aurora, Thunderjet 500. Made from 1963 thru 1972. Aurora's second chassis design and a very good one for the time.

People are finding these cars today through garage sales, flea markets, estate sales, antique shops, public auctions, and online auctions. In varying conditions. Some of the cars haven't ran in 30 years or more. With alittle cleaning they take right off.

Loads of fun and enjoyment for me anyway.

Randy.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info, guys! I guess my investment of a mere quarter was well worth it....lol.

I doubt I'll set up a track to run them as my diecast takes up all available space....perhaps I'll list them for sale in the near future, along with this Mustang (with enlarged rear wheel arches).

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
...old hop up decals needing floated off...
No way, really??? You guys would do that???
Hell, that's the best part!!! If you want new ones, than get new ones. These got charactor comin' out there tail pipes!
I wouldn't change a thing.
Signed,
~ Sir Rants Alot ~ :wave:

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Hell, that's the best part!!! If you want new ones, than get new ones. These got charactor comin' out there tail pipes!
Signed,
I do! Hate them on original cars! Cant speak for others though. Decals not only hide damage; but they can create damage by slowing the aging process beneath and leaving a tonal scar that has to be dealt with. Simply a matter of personal preference. ;)

Around here that particular Mustang would be a good candidate for resto. Scraggly, stained and tattered, poorly installed, unsealed decals are just an annoyance and generally just get in my way. :tongue:

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Signed,
Sometimes I take 'em off, I'm not crazy about them... but other times, especially if the car is already hacked up, i leave them all there as a kind of time capsule... i posted a bunch about this waaaaay back here:

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=121329

--rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts