Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do i get the infield "ice" that is used at the Snowbirds ?? i heard at the Home Depot, thanks, Brad.

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
any home dept. store carries it.it is just wall panneling that is slick and it sells for about 10.00 a 4x8 foot sheet

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Can you keep it slick without something that totally destroys the traction of any car that accidentally runs over it?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
bathroom paneling works great. it's thin and rugged. to clean it just use windex. it stays slippery as long as it's clean.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Stay away from most household "waxes", etc. -- they leave an oily residue...

I would think Rain-X would be nearly perfect -- by definition, it can't leave any sort of residue, but it works by making a windshield "slick" so dirt and water don't stick...?

Just a thought...

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Tom

I use to do a lot of driving (Courier work) and used Rain-X during the rainy season...IT DOES Leave some sort of residue...it RUINS a windshield if you ever quit using it...but on a fresh NEW windshield in POURING RAIN and AT NIGHT...WOW is that stuff Awesome.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy, i'd say about 99.9% YES, Cheri and i just need to iron out a few things with Kevin and Linda, i will call everyone just as soon as we have a definite deal, MAN I CAN HARDLY WAIT !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
tfrahm said:
Stay away from most household "waxes", etc. -- they leave an oily residue...

I would think Rain-X would be nearly perfect -- by definition, it can't leave any sort of residue, but it works by making a windshield "slick" so dirt and water don't stick...?

Just a thought...
Rainex works by increasing the surface tension of the windshield and lowering the wetting action of the glass, so that water can't adhere to it. It would work ok as long as you wipe it all off before running over it. Otherwise your tires will get slippery.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Jeo, try a set of these. You won't need Rainx any more. I have been using these for maybe 6-7 years. They will last at least two season's. That's even going through the summer in the central valley where it gets over 90 degrees for 3 months or more. No streaking or chatter, no mater how dry your windshield is! They leave a silicone rsidue that works like Rainx when they are not in use.
The best part is you can get refills at Walmart for about $7.00.

http://www.tripledge.com/silicone_rubber.php

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yokman, thanks for the help, found it at Home Depot for $9.93 a sheet, only problem i have is i can't stand the thought i'm gonna be supporting Tony Stewart when i buy some ..................

·
Registered
595 Posts
Brad is it true your taking over the track? Might have to put me up one weekend so I can make the trip down to race there.

Steve Peake

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
HOYT USA said:
yokman, thanks for the help, found it at Home Depot for 9.93 a sheet, only problem i have is i can't stand the thought i'm gonna be supporting Tony Stewart when i buy some ..................
And what is wrong w/ that?? You have his car in your sig. so I assume that you have one and are already supporting him!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Steve, hey man what's going on ??????? Dusty said that he had seen you at the Snowbirds a couple times, he says "your the man" !!!! my wife and i have been talking to the owners and everything seems real promising, it's not gonna be a full time thing, probably will be open an evening or two a week and then all day w/ racing on saturday, would be great to have you down sometime, i'll keep you posted, Brad.

sqeeker138, guess i'm eating crow on that one, i guess being around all the orange is what did it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Brad, if you build it I will come. Not to mentiom I'll bring the CREW with me. I hope things work out for you. Y-CITY is one of the nices tracks I've ever raced on...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mike, thanks a LOT, we are really excited about it, the name will change though, i will keep you posted as things move along, hope you guys can come over some, all the locals, Dusty, Andy, Jack, Kenny, pretty much the whole gang are fired up about it, Todd and the Morgantown group said they'll come pretty regular too, once things get going i'll post some pics w/ dates and stuff, take care, Brad.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts