Hobbyist Forums banner

161 - 180 of 224 Posts

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #161 (Edited)
Well watching carb day didnt help any! Most of the top qualifers were in the back. (By design maybe?)

Vegas has Dixon, Rossi and Hunter-Ray at the top but I think I am going to stay with Andretti then Rossi and Ward.

I also see Sato crashing in turn one and Rahal entering the pits later on. As aggressive as Power was today I think he will crash on the pace lap.

As much as I dislike when she attempts to talk still, Danica is looking more lovely this year than last year.

Watching (more listening to) the 103rd rebroadcast right now. Miss that noise!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Very low chance of rain tomorrow.

Looks like partly cloudy low-mid 80's with light wind out of the southwest, very low possibility of rain.
Almost perfect conditions.
The track temp should be in the 90s.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Bad Rossi and Dixon cooperating!!!!!!
And putting it on the radio!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I never like ending under yellow.

But, not a bad race.
I hope Spencer is ok. That was a bad crash.

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
What a messy race! Cool to see the C8 get the checkered flag first though.

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Cant find an update on Pigot but doesnt Rahal have 5 letters too? [Joe Liesure Voice] Yeah! That's who I meant to say! [/Joe Liesure Voice]

Apart from the actual wrecks, I saw 3 or 4 hefty hits that ended up in damaged cars as well.

The unsafe release against Rossi was inevitable but Sato should have been merging into the outer lane before he got to Rossi in my opinion. Otherwise it should be an unsafe release for them as well.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Pigot has been released, so thats good! A hard side impact is a bad deal. Very glad he seems to be ok.

Some odd wrecks, Davison's wheel fire-crazy! I missed the Askew-Daly crash. That was when the power went out.
I lost about 10 min of the race.

The Rossi-Sato pit deal looked to me to be Rossi's release guys fault. It looked like he was not looking for a safe release, but the right rear wheel guy. Understandable, but you cant release your driver when 2 cars are coming down pit lane.

It was an odd race, I wish they had red flagged the last 5 laps. I think Dixon would have hunted down Sato.

Back to the Dixon/Rossi deal. It's bad. I understand teammates working together. I understand that sometimes drivers on separate teams will "work" together. But to put it on the radio and then to move your spotters together to co-ordinate the dance should be illegal! I know about the "brotherhood of Honda" but that was ridiculous. I hope Indycar talks about that.

Anyway, 2 races coming up this weekend!

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Not sure why the broadcasters made such a big deal about the team mates and radio communications. That has been going on in F1 and NASCAR for ever. Though it has been only recently that I have seen lead changes every lap like yesterday - it usually happens with lap down cars instead.

I think Sato would have ran out of fuel if the caution had not have happened and maybe if they had red flagged the race with 4 to go but not 3.

The dropped wheel nut started the chain of events but if that wouldnt have happened Sato would not have even been a factor at the end.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Not sure why the broadcasters made such a big deal about the team mates and radio communications. That has been going on in F1 and NASCAR for ever. Though it has been only recently that I have seen lead changes every lap like yesterday - it usually happens with lap down cars instead.
But they are not teammates. Ganassi and Andretti. Teammates-all good. Cross team-cheating. Just my 2 cents.

And you are probably correct, Sato might of run out of fuel if the yellow did not come out. But it did. Rossi would not have had an issue if his tire changer had not dropped the nut. But he did. It's all racing.

What surprised me most was the complete lack of threat Alonso was.

What didn't surprise me was the complete lack of competition from Andretti, Except for Rossi for a brief time.

One last observation, McLaren, and O'Ward are racy! Askew also to a lesser extent. McLaren seems to understand the Indycar open wheel racing model!

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
They were going to be engine power team mates up until lap 10 or so. I understanding you viewing it as cheating, but what rule does it actually violate?

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I don't believe it violates a written rule, but I still feel its wrong, and Dixon lost a lot of status with me for his roll.

Again, its just my thoughts.

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Racing wouldnt be anywhere without sponsorship money and it is a shame that drivers no longer race to win but to get the most points for the team, sponsors, and brands instead. I guess, I am just disappointed in the whole process but cant even bring it up to a level of it even being unfair.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
O'Ward, Power, Dixon fastest in the practice.

Rossi and Newgarden are both midpack.

Power and Dixon are both masters of the short ovals.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I almost called it!

I'm surprised Power did not crash out.

Chevy has some work to do! Nice job Honda.

What's the deal with the weather caution? Why?

161 - 180 of 224 Posts