Registered
3,249 Posts
I'm not sure, Typically some are.

I'll see what I can find out.

·
Administrator
29,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I guess they are following the same 2 or 3 week schedule of events. So qualifications should be Saturday. And Pole day on Sunday. I dont remember so many practice sessions though. Are they squeezing them down into a condensed schedule?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Most of the qualifications are televised, most of the practice are online.

It looks slightly compressed, just over a week vs 2 weeks usually.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
It kind of makes sense, 11 racers race in the -500 that don't race in the other races. Like Alonso. They need the practice/qualifying time. I suspect that TV content has a lot to do with it also.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Not that I saw, but I didn't follow yesterdays practice that closely.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Um, what is up with Marco? I have never seen him this fast.

The Chevy's need to step it up a bit, the Honda's look fast!

·
Administrator
29,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
I've been behind all day on races but saw were Marco was on top today. Isnt the whole team doing well too!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Yah, Andretti's cars seemed locked in.
I just don't believe that Marco, Hunter-Reay, or Hinch are the real deal.
Time will tell.

Rossi maybe. Veach-nope.

I have this feeling that this could be Rahal's year, but he always ends up disappointing in the end.

·
Administrator
29,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
It took me 2 attempts to finish watching this session but I finally made it to the end this morning. Andretti as a team looks really good - 1st to 4th with Herta the best of the rest in 10th. Maybe its not only the Month of Marco - could it be the Year of Andretti, too!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Andretti is looking fast, Lets see if the Qualifying set up translates to a good race set up.

The Honda's look fast! I know Honda is itching for another 500 win after Chevy taking the last few years.

I don't ever remember seeing 240MPH on the front straight!

·
Administrator
29,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Congrates to Andretti! Everyone looks like they couldnt stay consistent over the 4 lap run though. Or they missed the set up to begin with.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Carb day today. Final practice.

Everyone should be in full race trim today, Full race Aero, suspension, brakes, and lowered Turbo boost.

I just can't see any of the Andretti boys finishing 1st right now, Maybe Rossi. But they have been fast!

As of now I would say it's Honda's year, Maybe Dixon or Sato (If he doesn't crash out).

I don't see Alonso on the podium, but I'll wait until final practice. I don't think he will be running at the end of the race.

I think Team Penske is suffering from Roger being busy running Indycar. I'm guessing Penske will not podium this year.

Ed Carpenter racing is always a wildcard at Indy.

I have a funny feeling about Rahal, He will crash out or podium?

Weather forcast: Mostly sunny and highs in the mid 80s

141 - 160 of 224 Posts