Hobbyist Forums banner

121 - 140 of 225 Posts

·
Administrator
31,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Anyone want to wager on when Power crashes out today. I am going with before the mid point of the race.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Yah,

I'm going with Newgarden. He had a fast car. Pit issues and bad pit/caution issues were an issue yesterday.

I think one of the McLaren boys will be in the top 3.

and Dixon.

Is that vague enough?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Ok, after final practice.

Dixon
Newgarden
Pagenaud

I still think the McLaren boys can have a good showing, but they were really slow in practice.

I hope the pit crews have all practiced!

·
Administrator
31,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Newgarden came out on top in final practice today. With Pagenaud in 2nd but with more technical issues and Dixon finished 3rd but brushed the wall. Everyone who crashed yesterday was back in final practice.

Askew starts 15th and O'Ward in 21st. I like my chances. 🤙

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I did better this race, but I could do better.

A nice race, but not as exciting as last night.

·
Administrator
31,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
I had my references from practice mixed up with the starting order but was foiled anyway by another caution.

I was though thinking the same that this was the same race but different as well.

Pit crew errors may be attributed to 5 races in 15 days.

Power made a statement in post race of trying less (hard) to become a worse driver while talking about how well Dixon and Pagenaud did coming from the back. He literally doesnt have a clue....

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
5 races in 15 days probably did not help the pit crews, also they have probably not been practicing as much this season due to COVID.

Actually, I think Power might be on to something. For a few years I've thought he is trying too hard. He needs to get back to the fun of racing. He needs to stop thinking about winning, just go out and race.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
No race this week! What to do?
Maybe I'll work on a model.

·
Administrator
31,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Looks like you will have some extra time to work on the Dallara. I saw a crawl this morning that both Mid Ohio races were cancelled making Indy on the 23rd the next scheduled race.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Well, that sucks. But I guess not totally unexpected. I hope the 500 will still run.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
That looks NICE!

Fernando is in! Only 33 entries this year, so everyone is in!

·
Administrator
31,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Until he crashes.

I saw were Martin Truex's old crew chief - Cole Pern, is now with with Conor Daly at Ed Carpenter Racing for the Indy this year.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
He hasn't crashed yet and seems to be running mid pack

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Results of the 1st practice:

I think the odds of Hinch and Marco staying at the top are bad.

Fernando is starting Fast, as is Dixon. Lots of practice sessions left, lots will change I'm sure.

·
Administrator
31,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
I see some events on broadcast/cable this weekend - are those qualification sessions?

121 - 140 of 225 Posts