Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
St Petersburg is scheduled for this weekend.

Anyone want to set up the Indycar 2020 pick thread differently than last year?

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I'm in.

1. Colton Herta

2. Will Power

3. Felix Rosenqvist

Of course I'll probably change it after practice/qualifying

Looks like the race is going on, without spectators.

·
Super Moderator
24,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am waiting until after qualifying to make my pics but Herta will probably be my top pick as well.

Slightly off topic, but the baseball preseason was just suspend at 4 PM ET and opening day pushed back 2 weeks....

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I'm still getting used to the aeroscreen! It looks odd every time I see it. Not bad, just odd.
It looks MUCH better than the halo in my opinion.

On the subject of baseball, I stopped following it last year. The astro's and my formerly loved red sox kind of disgust me. Cora is a major dirtbag in my mind, so I won't miss baseball this season.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I just got this email from IndyCar:

Joint statement from INDYCAR and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
"We are aware of the CDC's interim guidance suggesting the postponement of events involving more than 50 people over the next eight weeks. Our priority is to do our part in protecting the public health while still conducting the 104th Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge as scheduled on May 24. This continues to be a dynamic situation which we are monitoring constantly in coordination with federal, state, local and public health officials. We are planning for all contingencies and will be prepared to run the GMR Grand Prix and Indy 500 as the COVID-19 situation permits."

So, it looks like the season will be a delayed a little longer.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Ok, I'm going to go ahead and chose for the virtual race.

1 Colton Herta
2 Joseph Newgarden
3 Alexander Rossi

I have absolutely nothing to base this on, but who's gonna stop me!

·
Super Moderator
24,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Missed the race time again. Mrs Fox has one of those llittle red horses. How did you do on your picks?

·
Registered
2,717 Posts

Another great race!
It feels like "real" racing.
Good racing.

500,000 people watched online last week! It will be interesting to see the numbers this week on NBCsN.

This fake racing might be a real thing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts