Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 387 Posts

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on their website that they do Carpet oval on Sundays is this the case?

Please say it is true................ Someone from that track let me know please.....

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
well they use to..but lately it's been slow.. hope it picks up soon.. need a place to run.. probably need to call them.. however be prepared.... it's a vey small oval.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hey guy's where's the track at my fincee lives in Brownsburg and when I go to visit I want to take some of my cars.

Thanks Jimmy

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
the ryn line at the track is 80 feet(i have wheeled it).i have the touring car record at 100 laps in 4 min.the owner catters to the "basher"and not the real racers.....why i don't know?they run the funkiest oval set up tou will ever see.hell they even let you fist fight and the think its funny and ok.i personally will never go back to this track agian and i never even had any problems running oval and onroad there,,,,just not up to my standerd of how a track is susposed to be ran.just my 2 cent worth.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Indy slots is a decent facility that is located in Beech Grove (Indianapolis) on Emerson about 1 mile south of I-465. The location started out as a slot car track. They are still learning how to put on a good r/c show. They currently have a small indoor carpet track, decent outdoor dirt track, and a dirt oval. Not sure if they are racing on the dirt oval yet. This summer the outdoor dirt track had a decent layout for monster trucks.

While they run a different type of program, I do give them credit for trying to have a place that is fun to race at. They listen to input and will run anything if there are racers interested in it. I wouldn't write this facility off as a place to race. I would say that their show is a little loose and may not be for the ultra-serious racer. However, I've raced there a few times and have had FUN.

(Update on Nov. 27, 2006)
The indoor carpet track is much better for oval now. The runline is about 101'. The facility has worked out most of the bugs running an oval show and this is turning into a good place to race. I have raced oval on Sundays here and have had fun.

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I just stopped by there today and it looked good, coudl be a great place to get some bull ring racing in.......... the Dirt oval is good, just alittle rough, but with some work it could be great, and the dirt offroad track is HUGE,built for speed that is forsure slong straights........ great facility, I coudl see myself getting some time in there soon, had a few guys there today just fooling around and looked liek they were testing some stuff out, may get down there after the summit test and tune next week.......

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hey Latemodel and IndyRc next time I'm out I'll swing by just let me know about stock brushless or 19t I'll bring one of them out and since it's a bull ring I shouldn't have to change much from my local tracks here in West Virginia.

Jimmy

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice place, the track is 100 footer, ran there tonight and had some fun, they have hard walls though, LOL........ I was told that this is the new setup and yes the old track was small this one seemed ok sized, ran pretty much the same setup as FOrt Wayne and did ok, they have an good interest in running something on SUnday's and they are open every Tuesday night with the oval....... COme on out, talked with the owner aobut classes, he said what ever class you got to come on out and they will work it form there,

Nice place think I found a home for Sundays and TUesday from now on, LOL.....

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
ya i forgot that they were adding 20 feet to the track this year.if i remember right i went to harder springs up front than FT wayne.are they still making a oval in the infield out of 2x4's or are they just laying one strait down the middle?

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THe infield is not driver friendly, yeah it is still that linked 2x4 stuff but hey stay off the inside wall and its all good, LOL...... I only smacked it a few times,,,,,,,,

But as of start times and stuff.....

11am - 5pm Sundays and 5pm - 10pm

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Mossy you gonna do some racin at Indy slots soon?? Me and my kid are looking at running there and when work allows the Moose. You up for a little 4 cell stock action??
I think I know someone else that may be interested in doing a little rug racin also.

Jerry B.
Team OHP
Rc4less
Performance R/C

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
As far as I'm concerned you can. LOL I'm gonna run 3800 and 4200. My work schedule is pretty crazy right now. So I know it will be at least 2 wks before I can even think about racin.

Jerry B.
Team OHP
Rc4less
Performance R/C

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hey guys from the conversation I had with the owner, we can run anything that is out there I mean we would have to be our own judges and limit to say 4200's, and if enough of us come we can get some good set of rules going, to keep it fair for all that show up..........

In my mind I was thinking of something 4c Stock wise obviously, LOL.........

Any ROAR stock motor, up to 4200 mah, NASCAR body, you know the kinda of stuff at eveeryother track in the country with stock rules.....

I mean we are basically the Pioneers lets make this a great place to run here in Indy and lets go and have some fun........ We will all get used to the inside and be abel to run with out hitting the inside wall............ I was able to get some clean runs in, but of course I was alone most of the time, but it will all come...... Make drivers out of all of us instead of cutting the ICE off........

i will be in contact with the owner quite a bit being he is so close and he is open to OVAL on sundays and Tuesday nights...........

SUNDAY OVAL RACING
TUESDAY OVAL OPEN PRACTICE

Remember there are alot fo other activities that take place there namely slot car stuff so lets stay out of their way and support the local track........... And maybe draw some more interest to our side of the facility........

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
yokman said:
jerry-what happened with your voodoo deal?i see your now sporting jerri 's stuff.
Decided on a change. Talked to Jerry and gonna run his motors and batts.

Team OHP
Rc4less
Performance R/C

1 - 20 of 387 Posts