Hobbyist Forums banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Erik, how did you do at Tamiya race?
I did well. Not as good as I hoped as I just missed a step on the podium (a-mains results were 4th, 4th and 1st). There was actually some confusion at the awards ceremony due to a computer glitch in main #1 and I was initially awarded 2nd place due to my win in main #3. However, I ended up losing third place on the tie breaker - apparently a win and a 4th doesn't beat a 2nd and a 3rd :(.

I had a much better handling car this year and was closer to the front 3 racers than the prior year - the top two racers were definitely quicker/more consistent then the 2016 winner, so that was a plus. Looking forward to making a run in 2018 :)

Erik

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hobby Stop Fall/Winter On Road Season - Started Oct 22nd, 2017

On Road Racing picked up again on Sunday. Had a nice turn out of USGT, 1/12th scale, F1 and VTA cars. Good turn out for the first weekend back.

Hope to see everyone back at the track again next Sunday,

Erik

·
Registered
34 Posts
Another great day of racing this past Sunday.

Had a nice turn out of USGT, 1/12th scale, F1 and VTA cars. Hope to see everyone back at the track again next Sunday,

Erik

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great day of racing on Sunday. There were heats of VTA, USGT (x2), 1/12th scale and F1. Had a few new racers running in several of the classes. The new layout was a fun change of pace and by qual 3, most everyone had it down

Hope to see everyone at the track next Sunday - Dec 11th.

·
Registered
34 Posts
NIB Parma 1/12th scale bodies - $12 each

I picked up a few 1/12th scale bodies for a really good price. No way I can go through as many as I purchased over the course of a season.

10207 - Parma 1/12 EE1 Clear Body .030 (new in the package) - $12 each

PM, email me or stop by my pit at the track if interested.

FYI - Looks like a good day for racing on Sunday. Hope to see everyone at the track :)

Erik

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had a nice turn out of USGT, 1/12th scale, F1 and VTA cars. Some of the gas racers made it to the track for the 1st time this season. Also, the VTA cars were starting to hook up with the new Protoform tires/wheels (HPI stopped making them).

Erik

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great day of racing this past Sunday, although the weather outside was not so nice :(.

Had a nice turn out of USGT (2 heats), 1/12th scale, F1 (2 heats) and VTA cars. Some new and familiar faces visited the track for the first time this season.

Erik

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great day of racing this past Sunday.

Had a nice turn out of USGT (2 heats), 1/12th scale, F1 (2 heats) and VTA (2 heats) cars. Some new and familiar faces visited the track and the hobby stop west crew did a great job of moving the program considering the number of heats and cars.

Erik

·
Registered
34 Posts
Another great day of racing this past Sunday.

Had a nice turn out of USGT (2heats), 1/12th scale, 1/12th scale spec (21.5 motors, CRC control tire, GT style bodies), F1 (2 heats) and VTA (2 heats) cars.

F1 is turning into the big class with 3-4 guys prepping cars and 3-4 more who are alternating weeks. If everyone show at once, there could be 20-25 racers :)

Erik

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hope to see everyone at the track this Sunday.

Erik

FYI - I found a Tamiya Porsche 956 Jost body set (part #51491)- new in the package. If someone wants it for the new 21.5 1/12th scale class, $32 and its yours :)

I also have a HobbyWing 1S 120A Xerun ESC (81020211 #700061) and two 1/12th scale servos (1 Futaba, 1 JR) if someone wants to get into the class. I will bring those to the track as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great day of onroad racing yesterday at Hobby Stop. 7 extremely full heats of cars in VTA, USGT, 1/12th scale, F1 and 1/12th GT.

hope to see everyone at the track again next weekend.

Erik

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great day of onroad racing on Sunday at Hobby Stop. 8 extremely full heats of cars in VTA, USGT, 1/12th scale, F1 and 1/12th GT. There was even a novice/rookie class (nice to see the youngster out there trading paint:).

hope to see everyone at the track again next weekend.

Erik

·
Registered
34 Posts
Some great racing action at Hobby Stop this past weekend. 7 heats of cars with 9 1/12th scale (in one heat) and 2 heats of F1. There was even a heat of 17.5 Sedan. Good to see the turnout returning again.

Hope to see everyone next Sunday.

Erik

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great day of onroad racing on Sunday at Hobby Stop. 5 extremely full heats of cars in VTA, USGT, 1/12th scale, F1 and 1/12th GT. Good turn out considering the snowy weather and Superbowl festivities.

hope to see everyone at the track again next weekend (racing usually starts between 11:30-noon).

Erik

121 - 135 of 135 Posts