Hobbyist Forums banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
There was an excellent turn out this past weekend for the 1st Midwest series race. There were over 80 entries spread over multiple classes (F1, 1/12th scale, 17.5 TC, USGT, VTA).

Glad to see everyone at the track this past weekend and look forward to seeing everyone again on January 17th :)

Erik

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Tri-Track SPECtacular!

Although the drive to and from the track was a little sketchy (thanks mother nature), the on track racing was spectacular! A BIG thank you to the folks at Hobby Stop West (Patrick Falgout) for hosting the first event!

See this post for the details:
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=504945

78 entries battling it out for bragging rights! Each track represented well, but what track will take home the most hardware at the end of the series????

Below are the top 3 in each class:

WGT-R
1. Patrick Barber
2. Bill Shay
3. Michael Elwood

17.5 TC
1. Nate Wagner
2. Ted Hammer
3. Bobby Falgout

VTA
1. Eric Meeks
2. Patrick Barber
3. Bobby Falgout

F1
1. Joe Klebau
2. Charles Mackin
3. Jason Smith

USGT
1. Nate Wagner
2. Mike Mcbride
3. Eric Meeks

17.5 1/12th
1. Lee Harpe
2. Lon Burling
3. Joe Klebau

GT12 Spec
1. Kevin Nestor
2. Patrick Barber
3. Michael Elwood
:wave:
We realize the next race scheduled for February 7th at Austintown is on Super Bowl Sunday (an oversight on our part!). We are looking at alternative dates. Please stay tuned!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Great turn out this past weekend, with 6 full heats of racing.

VTA (x1)
USGT (x2)
F1 (x1)
17.5 Sedan (x1)
1/12th (x1)

Traction started out lower, but built as the day went on - the new layout was fun!

Hope to see everyone again on Sunday (Jan 24th).

Erik

·
Registered
125 Posts
This past weekend, we had 6 full heats of racing, which made for a fun day of racing. Considering there were several racers attending round 2 of the traveling points series, that was very good.

VTA (x2)
USGT (x1)
F1 (x1)
17.5 Sedan (x1)
1/12th (x1)

The new track layout was up and as traction came up quickly, leading to some very fast lap times (sub 8 sec for TC and 1/12th scale).

Hope to see everyone again next Sunday

Erik

·
Registered
125 Posts
2 more days until onroad racing. Can't wait! See everyone on Snday

Erik

Girl Scout Cookies
My daughters are selling girl scout cookies again this year. They were able to get a few cases in advance of the official selling window. I will have them at the track on Sunday if anyone is interested - $4/box

·
Registered
125 Posts
This past weekend, we had 6 full heats of racing, which made for a fun day of racing.

VTA (x1)
USGT (x1)
F1 (x1)
17.5 Sedan (x1)
1/12th (x2)

Some epic main event battles in 17.5 and 1/12th scale this weekend.

Hope to see everyone again next Sunday (even though I will be out of town).

Erik

·
Registered
125 Posts
Only 2 more days to on-road racing at Hobby Stop. New layout for the month of March. Can't wait. Look forward to seeing everyone come out to the track !

Erik

·
Registered
125 Posts
This past weekend, we had 5 full heats of racing, which made for a fun day of racing.

VTA (x1)
USGT (x1)
F1 (x2)
1/12th (x1)

I hope to see everyone again next Sunday

Erik

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Hello HobbyStop racers! Quick reminder - the last race in the Tri-Track Spectacular is this Saturday at NORCAR!

Race - Saturday - Doors open at 8am, racing starts at 11am
Practice - Friday - Doors open at noon, track closes at 10pm

Awards will be given out for the series points champions!!! What track will take home the most awards?

See you all at the track!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
This past weekend, we had 5 full heats of racing, which made for a fun day of racing.

VTA (x1)
USGT (x2)
F1 (x1)
1/12th (x1)

Next Sunday is off for Easter , but I hope to see everyone again the following Sunday

Erik

·
Registered
310 Posts

VTA (x1)
USGT (x2)
F1 (x1)
1/12th (x1)

Next Sunday is off for Easter , but I hope to see everyone again the following Sunday

Erik
what time do yall start on sunday

·
Registered
125 Posts
racing usually starts at noon on Sundays. this coming Sunday, April 10th, is the final onroad race day for winter season. Should be a good time so hopefully many people come out to race one last time before next season (October) !

erik

·
Registered
125 Posts
Glad to see everyone at the track this past Sunday. Thanks to Pat and the crew at Hobby Stop West for another awesome season of on road racing this past fall-winter.

Hope to see everyone again over the summer or in the fall (October).

Erik

·
Registered
34 Posts
First Week of Onroad Racing is planned for Oct 16th. Pretty sure there will be VTA, USGT, 17.5, 1/12th scale and F1. I also expect a few people will have the new WGT cars with rubber tires. Fun stuff.

Also, I understand Pat will have the track open for practice on Oct 9th for tuning, but maybe not a formal race day - maybe if enough show up we can convince him to hold races.

See everyone soon :)

Erik

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carpet Track Work Party scheduled for Saturday October 1st, 2016

Hey guys Hobby Stop West is having a work party to get out some wrinkles that have shown up on the track. It will be on Saturday October 1st at 10am till we are done. If anyone can show up to help it will make the work go quicker. Pat is providing lunch for those who show up and work. Pass it on and bring a buddy so the track will be in top shape for the upcoming Season which starts in about 3 weeks.

Thanks,

Pat & the Hobby Shop crew!

·
Registered
34 Posts
On-road Racing Begins October 16th !

On-road Racing Begins next Sunday, October 16th.

The carpet was freshly laid down and very smooth. A fast layout was also up this past weekend - sub 8sec laps in 1/12th scale.

Expecting VTA, USGT, F1, 1/12th scale and possibly rubber tire WGT and 17.5 sedan to race each Sunday. I understand oval will also run again every other Saturday starting with Oct 15th.

Hope to see everyone there.

FYI - Rumor has it that Hobby Stop West will have the CRC black carpet soon - could be installed at the track in the coming weeks :wink2:

Erik

81 - 100 of 135 Posts