Hobbyist Forums banner

Indianapolis ON-Road

684K views 9K replies 109 participants last post by  Milton Fox Racing 
#1 · (Edited)
INDIANAPOLIS ON-ROAD R/C Racing

Well since the old page we had was closed I decided to open a new one so that we can still post to each other without filling up a pm box.

Jeremiah

#9 ·
Has anyone else checked out the new Team Durango TC yet? I have and it looks very promising. Has all the bells and whistles for under $400. The one thing that caught my eye was the eyelets on the swaybars. Not sure how they keep them from backing off or changing lengths due to vibration or general movement. They look like regular threaded shock pivots like on the XRAY cars threaded to all-thread links.

Jeremiah

#12 · (Edited)
Just talked to Doug.

They're open and alive and racing is on per the schedule already posted. He assured me they're not going anywhere.

Josh is no longer part of Management, but is still working there Weds. and Thurs. I personally am glad. I always liked him. I liked Rob too. What can I say, I'm a masochist.

Doug cut back hours during the day due to lack of traffic.

I did bring up how the late opening on Friday impacts several on-road racers being able to practice and work on setups and he said "we'll talk about that." I think he understands, just nothing he can do right now. Maybe he'll give Yelle a key? :D

#15 ·
Just talked to Doug.

They're open and alive and racing is on per the schedule already posted. He assured me they're not going anywhere.

Josh is no longer part of Management, but is still working there Weds. and Thurs. I personally am glad. I always liked him.

Doug cut back hours during the day due to lack of traffic during the day.

I did bring up how the late opening on Friday impacts several on-road racers and he said "we'll talk about that." I think he understands, just nothing he can do right now.
That is good news. I hope it is good for Josh as well.

Jeremiah

#20 ·
I built a new VTA to run in INdy; but due to circumstances I will not be able to run the car. It is a new Associated Apex, new Hobbywing Just stock ESC, new Novak Ballistic 25.5, new Hpi VTA wheels and tires. If interested PM me and I will send pics and give price. My trader rating on HT was 84 with no negatives before Panjo took off the ratings. I also have good ratings on RC Tech, Dirt Oval.com, and E-bay.

Thanks.

#27 ·
For what you get, alot of bang for the buck. I liked the Durango buggy alot more than my Kyosho RB6. I can't see this being any different. As far as quality and performance goes. The price beats most competitors. TowerHobbies has them preorder for $399 and with Tower club Discount of $60 it drops to $340 with free shipping! You have to be a member for the discount.

Jeremiah

#37 ·
Thanks for organizing it Jeremiah. I was pushing hard to get a 17.5 class, but you got a lot of the racers to come out.

I had an absolute blast. I wish I could have run the main, but my metal gear servo broke right at the servo horn. I've never seen that before, but I've been known to break parts that shouldn't break :p Going back to servo savers for now on!

Thanks to Cody for showing me some very useful setup tips. My car started to slowly get better. Now I just need more track time to practice, practice, practice! I told Ed after racing was over how bummed I was to leave the track, I haven't had that much fun driving a r/c car in a long while.

Roll call for 17.5 TC on 2/7......I'm in.

#38 ·
It's strickly ROAR rules right now. Blinky ESC, 17.5 motor, rubber tire, ROAR approved body. There is some talk about making a spec tire to keep costs down, but I think we may wait for a while before making a tire rule. This will allow more people to join in on the class without having to buy new tires.

#41 · (Edited)
Don't know at this point. We had a decent first night turnout but I know there were 4-7 guys that didn't make it for 17.5 last night.

17.5 is about 3-5 tenths faster than 17.5 1/12 per lap and .8-1.0 seconds faster than USGT per lap. That was on last nights layout.

The group that ran it last night drove very, very clean. I don't think I remember hearing anything other than a pipe scrape last night in the main.

Car control and driver etiquette is a priority in 17.5 and I just can't get over how much the guys showed last night.

Jeremiah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.