Hobbyist Forums banner

8501 - 8520 of 8520 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
I believe they were indeed sourced by aqua racer but the cheapest place to buy new locally is rural king. They are plow discs painted and inleted for the track sticks to connect to. I have 8 or so farm used ones that I've painted fluorescent orange that I use to setup race courses for the kids to play on the street or empty parking lots.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I believe they were indeed sourced by aqua racer but the cheapest place to buy new locally is rural king. They are plow discs painted and inleted for the track sticks to connect to. I have 8 or so farm used ones that I've painted fluorescent orange that I use to setup race courses for the kids to play on the street or empty parking lots.
That's good, PBR. Tellin your kids to go play in the streets. Sheeeez. (LoL) (TIC)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bring out your F1 Cars!

There a several of you out there with an F1 car. Bring it Friday and lets get the Indianpolis era of the US Grand Prix going again. The class is growing. If everyone shows with the cars I know are out there, we could have at least 7 cars running.

To be one of the really cool kids, you have to have the red blinky light on the back! This is a blinky class, after all!

·
Registered
23 Posts
How has 12th scale turnout been? I'm thinking about coming over tomorrow from Cincinnati. Queen City RC is closing for the season. I need to get my racing fix.

Chuck Pfahler

·
Registered
298 Posts
Looks like they've had between 4 and 8 depending on the week for the last month Chuck, weather is supposed to be cold and wet so could be a high number. They had gotten to 12 or so a few times over the winter months I believe

·
Registered
77 Posts
These are the interior track sections of the Hoosier RC track that will be set up at Hobbytown Castleton. It's a 2.5" vinyl pvc downspout. It's a little taller than the track used at Indy RC. First race is May 19th!! Sign-ups should be start around 10 and racing at noon! Free the HRCR members and $10 for non-members. Membership is $25 for the year and it allows you to race at all on-road and off-road events at no additional cost!

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
One question, what is the procedure for using CA accelerator when gluing tires? Do you glue the tire like normal, shoot a little accelerator into a bowl and cover the tire with the bowl?

·
Registered
552 Posts
One question, what is the procedure for using CA accelerator when gluing tires? Do you glue the tire like normal, shoot a little accelerator into a bowl and cover the tire with the bowl?
That is basically what I do if I am gluing tires at the track. If you have time to let them sit overnight then you won't need the accelerator.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Had a good time today at the parking lot today. Big thanks to HRCR / A-aron, and Bob / HTUN. My transponder bit the dust in race 2 and ended my day early, but not before Chad and I had a great race in heat 1 with 4 clean lead changes.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,519
Looks like all R1 v21 motors are banned from competition for two years across the pond. ROAR will likely do the same here as they should for cheating companies knowingly or not. Responsiblility

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I think the plow disks are really detrimental to the racing. I caught one in my last practice yesterday with my 12th scale car, and I never got the car back to where it was before for the rest of the night. I know it's the same for everyone, but there's a reason they are frowned on by sanctioning bodies everywhere.

8501 - 8520 of 8520 Posts