Hobbyist Forums banner

8481 - 8500 of 8520 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Sure was sad to hear that Leisure Hours Raceway is shutting down: https://www.facebook.com/leisurehours.raceway/posts/2396704663697428

Their explanation is long, but I think this portions sums it up. "Most tracks depend on sales of car kits, parts and vending sales to cover the overhead. Most tracks cannot survive on entry fee's alone."

The Internet websites save you a few bucks but they are slowly killing the hobby.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Sure was sad to hear that Leisure Hours Raceway is shutting down: https://www.facebook.com/leisurehours.raceway/posts/2396704663697428

Their explanation is long, but I think this portions sums it up. "Most tracks depend on sales of car kits, parts and vending sales to cover the overhead. Most tracks cannot survive on entry fee's alone."

The Internet websites save you a few bucks but they are slowly killing the hobby.
I can tell you that kits make stores very little money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good going Captain Jack, good seeing and talking to you couple Friday’s back.

Nice wheeling it Steve, hope to be playing again sometime soon so attendance keeper can mark on their clipboard as Chuck Ray is present! Lol!

·
Registered
5 Posts

EVERY little bit helps including kits which trickles down to buying parts, wheels, tires, bodies, consumables like ca glue, solder and so on. Buying snacks like chips and candy along with pops and water while shopping, practicing or racing helps as well.

Like any local business, Indy RC, Hobbytown, etc are hopeful that most try to buy from them unless it’s not available before going online. Bill at Indy RC and the Scott’s at Hobbytown have been there for all of us for a long time, I for one (as I am sure everyone else) am thankful to have them around, even if I’m not marked on the race program attendance sheet as present, I make sure to buy as much as I can from them for my race rides, shelf queens, parking lot and back yard bashers.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,486
Saturday night OnRoad racing at Southern Indiana Speedway this Saturday February 16th. Practice starts at 4pm racing starts at 7pm. They also have a beginners on road special going on from 10-2 that day.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Friday Night On-Road

9 1/12th scales last Friday night. Probably will see 7 this coming Friday night. Could be more if we get some of the regulars back that have missed the last couple Fridays. But it is cool to have 2 heats of that class.

·
Registered
122 Posts
9 1/12th scales last Friday night. Probably will see 7 this coming Friday night. Could be more if we get some of the regulars back that have missed the last couple Fridays. But it is cool to have 2 heats of that class.
I'll be back, this Friday I hope. I had a basement flood with all the rain, which really sucked. Most of my RC gear was spared as it was up high on a workbench. A Slash was under water. Some of my tools got wet. The biggest thing was my tire truer, but I think I saved it with lots of wd-40.

A tub that had my VTA and 12th scale cars, transmitter, and charger was FLOATING and totally dry. Whew!

·
Registered
447 Posts
It was really neat to see the pits all most full last Friday night 20 vta 7usgt 7 or 8 1/12 I think 7 of the can am cars I would hope it keeps it up

·
Registered
753 Posts
I’m selling my VBC D07 chassis. It was my VTA car before I switch to Awesomatix. The car has a Savox low profile steering servo and XRay servo saver Car is set up for VTA and will come with HPI wheels and tires. Car is still super nice but was been a shelf queen for 1.5 years now.

$100 gets it all

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone up for F1 tomorrow?

My VTA car is down for this week, and I hate to drive all that way for a single class. Anyone interested in F1 tomorrow?

All I really need to get my VTA car back up and running is a front bumper. Anyone have a front bumper for an Associated TC 6.1 or up? I think the bumper is the same from 6.1 through 7.2. If you have one you are willing to sell, and plan on being there tomorrow, let me know.

Hope to see you tomorrow!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I’m selling my VBC D07 chassis. It was my VTA car before I switch to Awesomatix. The car has a Savox low profile steering servo and XRay servo saver Car is set up for VTA and will come with HPI wheels and tires. Car is still super nice but was been a shelf queen for 1.5 years now.

$100 gets it all
Still for sale!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,495
I have a very low use Motiv MC2 25.5 that I wish to sell. Never above 120 in the handful of runs had in the F1.. I sold the F1 and have no other use for it. $70

You can pm me your cell and I can send a pic

Thanks
Jeremiah

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Bill had me post this update from Indy RC on Facebook. Just passing along here as suggested.

Attention VTA drivers: Indy RC will begin random tech in this class. Indy RC follows the national rules with the exception of requiring a driver figure. A driver figure is encouraged following the “Spirit is VTA” in this class. You can find the USVTA rules here: U.S. Vintage Trans-Am R/C Racing Series

·
Registered
753 Posts
Spring cleaning in my RC room....

Hitec 4X charger - $50
RTR M03 - $40

MRT personal transponder Sold
Futaba R603FF rx Sold
Orion R10 Pro - Sold
VBC D07 Sold
A800 Sold

Reply, message me or text me.